DOOM 4/2016 weapons mod

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
CeeJay

DOOM 4/2016 weapons mod

Post by CeeJay »

A DOOM (4) inspired weapons mod. Posted at the others forums a few days ago, now here.

The mod is still being worked on, this is just a beta. It is a pretty simple and small mod, at least as far as my work goes. My motivation for DOOM editing is at an all-time low, so this might be my last major effort. Enjoy!
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g3x84 ... /d4wpn.zip

CREDITS:
id Software
Neccronixis (weapon sprites)
Zrrion (helmet HUD)
Bethesda Softworks
3D Realms
Sergeant Mark IV
Kinsie

CeeJay

Re: DOOM 4/2016 weapons mod

Post by CeeJay »

Done!

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

This mod is really good, Ceejay. I was told about what happened over at a the ZDoom forums, then I looked over there, as well. I'm sorry that things went the way that they did, and its unfortunate that so many people have it out for 3DGE. It's things like this that make me step back and try to remember that I am modding and mapping for my own enjoyment and for the 3DGE community. Other communities may not appreciate it, and the doom community as a whole may scoff at our humble sourceport, but as long as we are having fun then it doesn't matter what the naysayers tell us. I've gotten some pretty vicious emails after my old computer crashed. I said that I would take a break and figure out where to go from there, well, somebody sent me an email saying, "I know exactly where you can go - to hell." I thought, "No problem. I remember why I do this in the first place, and I still enjoy it, so no big deal." Water off a duck's back as they say. I'm looking forward to your new Marathon gameplay wad. That looks like it's going to be another great one 8-) .

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Hell yeah man, don't EVER give up. We must be doing something right if people are chomping on our port! After I finish up Astral Pathfinder I'm taking a stab at 3DGE64 again and focusing on Heretic for 3DGE. This is DOPE, for what can be done with 3DGE and soon we'll be able to do a lot more. Keep it up, and don't forget to remind chronoteeth how awesome he is so that he stays in the game, too :)
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Definitely! Chronoteeth rocks! His weapons mods are excellent and I'm looking forward to more of his work, as well 8-)

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I will continue to create mods for 3DGE, it is my own personal creative outlet and have (mostly) fun doing it.

The Marathon mod has been released, though there are few technical things that need to be sorted out.

Return to “Mods/Projects”