[FIXED] Action function appears broken

Bugs that have been fixed, including bugs reported here.
Links are provided here for bugs reported at both Sourceforge sites and Github:
https://sourceforge.net/p/edge2/bugs/
https://sourceforge.net/p/edge/bugs/
https://github.com/3dfxdev/EDGE/issues? ... s%3Aclosed
CeeJay

[FIXED] Action function appears broken

Post by CeeJay »

When I was playing Duke it Out in DOOM, the Night-vision goggles (when acquired) would constantly turn on and off with me having seemingly no control over it. This was with the last build of 3DGE.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Action function appears broken

Post by Corbachu »

Is it all of the ACTION buttons that are toasted?

I think I might have forgotten to patch the code to work with the SDL2 input buffer, at least thats the only thing I can really think of. Ill take a peek tonight at it.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

It appears so. I tried other mods that utilize the action function with the same results, as soon as the scripted requirements are met (item, ammo, etc) it activates itself.

ChillyWilly

Post by ChillyWilly »

I tried Duke it out... when I pick up the NV goggles, it blinks a couple times, then everything works fine. Hitting action2 toggles it on and off just fine. Not sure what the blinking is when you pick them up, if it's supposed to do that or not, but it works fine once it's done blinking.
Not really dead, just pining for the fjords.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

@CeeJay (and others): try using this version of 3DGE attached to this post. I'm not officially circulating it yet, so I called it Test3-RC1. You would get the same results compiling from the Git repo.

One thing to take note of is that this version replaces edge2.wad with edge2.pak (so you don't need edge2.wad anymore, nor do you need herfix.wad). Opening it up in SLADE will give you a peek
at the namespace support we have for PAK/PK3/PK7 now.

Try this version out and let us know if it's confirmed fixed or not.

EDIT: this version has random sound pitching from Doom 1.2. Currently it cannot be toggled off, so Duke might sound slightly higher or slightly lower pitched ;)
Attachments
3DGE-2.1.0-Test3-RC1.7z
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 630 times
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Coraline wrote:EDIT: this version has random sound pitching from Doom 1.2. Currently it cannot be toggled off, so Duke might sound slightly higher or slightly lower pitched ;)
I believe Duke 3D had random sound pitching too.

Tried it with vanilla. The range of the sound pitching might be a little too much, makes the chainsaw sounds really odd.

EDIT: If not too much work, perhaps add a command to SOUNDS.DDF to disable sound pitching for specific sounds.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

@CJ: Try the attached RC2 copy. We fixed the sliding bug, but additional testing would be cool, so try this out.

Also, the ACTION buttons are both working fine in Duke it Out in DOOM, so not sure what is happening there. I was
able to drink Beer, activate and deactivate the Nightvision at will, so not sure what is up with that because it is working
on both my machine (Windows), and Chilly's (Linux).
Attachments
3DGE-210T3RC2.7z
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 737 times
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

ChillyWilly

Post by ChillyWilly »

Different size frames for animated things IS common, which is why code was added to attempt to deal with the issue. Animated thing frames should NOT be different dimensions! That's what caused the graphic bugs we saw last year where things wobbled back and forth and up and down and stretched and contracted. Any one thing should always have all its frames be the exact same dimensions to avoid graphic glitches. Just because I could add code to fix a few of the worst offenders (the popular ones) is no reason to keep offending. ;)

If it would be too much work to go back and change, let me know what the thing is (sprite/patch/wall texture/whatever) and the size ranges and I'll see about wedging in another fudge to "fix" it. I imagine if we do that enough, we'll eventually cover enough cases to handle damn near all of them. :lol:
Not really dead, just pining for the fjords.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

CeeJay: Can we verify this as FIXED so we can mark it as such? Thanks friend =)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Sorry, been kind of out of it for a few days. Lots of crap on my plate at the moment. I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm clean, sober and rested. Peace.

EDIT: Consider it FIXED

Return to “Fixed Bugs”