Losing the old Edge forums. [UPDATE]

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.
3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Losing the old Edge forums. [UPDATE]

Post by 3rd_3ye »

It looks like the old Edge forums are in the middle of a massive spam attack. There are already hundreds of pages of spam and dozens of new accounts are being created each day. I've notified the mods but at this point the forum will have to be re-scripted as a simple cleaning would not be enough. :( :cry: :?
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Losing the old Edge forums.

Post by Corbachu »

Andrew notified me that the forums were closing pending an upgrade of forum software.

In the meantime, any users of that forum are welcome over here until we get stuff straightened out over there.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Andrew kindly placed a link to this site from the forum-down message over at the EDGE page. Andy want's to put the forum back up but he's tied up in crunch time for the new Eureka editor, so it will be a while.

EDIT: changed yadex to Eureka

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

If I were to ask Andrew about moving some or all of the old EDGE threads over here, would this site be able to accommodate them? We should at least have the help section and the suggestion sections up.

EDIT: that's threads, he can keep the treads.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

The original EDGE forums have been restored, courtesy of Andrew Apted.
http://edge.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/index.php

Though, it will remain in fixed READ-ONLY mode, so if you have any questions you still need to post over here. Some of your questions might be answered already - check the archives at that site.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Losing the old Edge forums. [UPDATE]

Post by Corbachu »

Major update:

Andrew Apted is giving me full admin rights for the old EDGE SF page and eveything under it. I will be transferring the old forum over to this site as a sub-catagory for posterity's sake, and revamp the main EDGE website for 3DGE exclusively. I will be pointing the main EDGE2 SF webpage to the old http://edge.sf.net site, and update it all for 3DGE's inclusion.

In the meantime, the old forums will be opened back up until everything gets transferred over, in case users find their way to the old project instead of the new EDGE port.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Return to “General Discussion”