The 3DGE Screenshot Kiosk

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.
3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Re: The 3DGE Screenshot Kiosk

Post by 3rd_3ye »

RUNSABER wrote:I'd post some Heretic stuff if I could get the bloody thing to work in 3DGE, it seems the HDF write-up either has some screws loose or I'm using an older version of HERETIC
Debugging for Heretic compatibility alone sounds like a good enough reason for a 2.0.2 release. There are items in heretic that require the float spell for pickup, hence inventory functionality.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

3rd_3ye wrote:*facepalm to the 3rd power :oops: *

Sorry Sandstormer...

New rule, everyone's got to have a different number of sylibles in internet handles from now on. Either that or I get to put the slightest bit of effort into reading posts in the future. I wonder which it will be?

Anywho, a female character in Doom would certainly be a welcome change.

*desperately tries to change subject*

Anyone love Heretic?

*fails*
:oops:

:lol: NP! I figured that you meant to address me! I tried Run's Heretic hack and it works perfectly. It's kind of a bizarro-world Heretic, but it works and adds an interesting twist to the gameplay.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Doomgirl is going 3D. Or, at least, I've been doing some 3D with the concept. Here is some early gore that I've been working on:

Last edited by Sandstormer on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Fun with MTV's Aeon Flux:

Dark Horizon's Arachnotron, which may or may not make it into the 3DGE Model Pack ;) :

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

I log in daily, so how did I miss these!?! Nice to see some green gibbage, what's the red box thing on the right of that gib? It doesn't have a blood decal like the green one so...

Loved Aeon Flux btw, what little I saw of it (and no, the movie doesn't count).
The banlist has been updated successfully.

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Some 3DGE 64 stuff :) Finally playing around with the mapping editor again :mrgreen:

Wanted to test out some effects and new 3DGE stuff I didn't know existed;
The lighting is very well done - controlling transparency effects is cool thing for me. This map has no clear identity, other than some sort of old castle or ruins.
Trying out using moving sectors for cool effects. Giving the sense of 64-style levels "it's alive" feeling
Working on this room currentgly - turning it into an old foyer prayer hall/literature wing.
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.