3dge 2.0 first light

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.
3rd_3ye
Community Manager

3dge 2.0 first light

Post by 3rd_3ye »

3dge2.0 is now available at the 3dge sourceforge page, I'll link to it here once sourceforge has calmed down a little and Corbin puts up the latest build.

working:

Capped framrate now at 60 fps (not for moving geometery)

ROQ Quake 3 cut scene producer.

Several other niceties and bug fixes.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Sandstormer

Re: 3dge 2.0 first light

Post by Sandstormer »

Awesome! Is this the official release of 2.0 or the latest stable build with more work to be done before the official release?

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

This mostly works, there are some player height/fov issues being sorted out, and more bug testing is needed of course.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Having some issues getting 3dge2.0 running after setting the texture depth from 32bbp to 16bbp. 3dge2 throwing a message about "opengl software renderer!". Looking through the event log shows 3dge2 isn't seeing my gfx card. 3dge 1.36 sees it just fine.

Corbachu
Site Admin

2.0.0 misc

Post by Corbachu »

You will need to post your debug.txt as I do not encounter this error, I've switched color depth and resolution multiple times in different instances with no hassle. Sounds like this could be a video driver problem, but I won't know until I get that debug.txt.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Sent you the debug file. Also, this only happens to 16 bit texture depth while in full screen. Windowed mode works fine at both 16 and 32 bit. Sometimes the engine will load at 16 bit with no textures in game.

I supected a driver issue as I only recently reseated the gfx card and 3dge debug said it could only see default ms drivers. running game in 32 bit and the debug sees my card.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Absolutely loving this! It runs smooth as silk, though I notice the height thing, too. I'll be sure to report any other bugs that I find.

Return to “General Discussion”