3DGE Wiki

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.
Corbachu
Site Admin

3DGE Wiki

Post by Corbachu »

Hey everyone,

I've introduced an 3DGE wiki to the server that will slowly become the de Facto center for complete information about the port. It will eventually supersede the EDGE website completely.

It's a work in progress, and I don't expect it to be finished in a timely manner, BUT I am always looking for help to build upon it (and get templates working...I hate them) ;)

http://3dfxdev.net/edgewiki/

Check it out and give your thoughts here if you'd like!
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Corbachu
Site Admin

Wiki Overhaul/Maintanence

Post by Corbachu »

Tonight, I am going to overhaul the Wiki with a Visual Editor, as well as the MediaWiki software updater, so it will be down for a few hours. This is a planned upgrade between me and Chris, and should only be closed from 9PM - 1 or 2AM (PST).

Big things - new menu layout (similar to Doom Wiki), RTS editing will be brought up to date (superceding the EDGE-RTS guide), and a complete COAL breakdown, of all the API functions.

The COAL manual was originally written by Andrew (but never published), and I have added onto it and fixed the layout for it, also bringing it up to date with examples I have illustrated.

Along with that, hopefully I can find time to squeeze out 2.1.0 Test2.

I would still like to know if the current DDF documentation is layout-friendly, because if not I propose we decide on how to overhaul that as well.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: 3DGE Wiki

Post by Corbachu »

UPDATE AGAIN:

3DGEWiki database was backed up, and subsequently upgraded to 1.27.0 -- the latest version of MediaWiki's software.

Another big feature is the integration of the VisualEditor extension, which ctd1500 worked very hard on -- once it was
installed and kinks worked out, the Editor is infinitely easier to use than the Source Editor since it compiles the results
literally in real-time, so you can have an actual visual idea of what you are editing/creating will look like. Trust me - go
ahead and try to edit ONE article, tell me what you think ;)

Chilly Willy fixed a *ton* of bugs that were inherited from EDGE 1.3x (such as black gaps appearing in the game world, even
while playing Vanilla Doom/etc., mirror coord stuff, verticle slope checking in attacks.ddf, etc etc. We have been making
great progress as of late, 2.1.0-Test2 should be a very nice mini-release =)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Heads Up: changed the Wiki again almost completely. The skin is based on the Media Wiki bootstrapper, but I want opinions on how everyone feels about it. Moving the main menu to persistently being on top is probably one of the greatest things about it. I have also been working on custom Sidebar code for the new RTS Online (will function similar to the old one), and of course, the COAL manual.

Though, if you are registered you have the option of using the previous skin ('Vector') if you dont like the new one.

Thoughts or feedback?
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

New skin is very minimal, & well-organized for quick viewing. +1 for the navigation position of the code guides! From time to time I'll make an article here and there (when I remember how to do so) and this setup works for learning too - will poke around for bugs throughout the month to see if anything is up!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Immoral Conduct 2's sub-title is misspelled: "Riot Insitagor". Should be Instigator.

Gorin

Post by Gorin »

That is some nice update you have done there.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Added some new stuff, this one is to explicitly note for Test3:

PAK/PK3/PK7 support
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Return to “General Discussion”