Slopes cause odd slow down of player movement

Report bugs in this thread. Please
1) Have a copy of your DEBUG.TXT or EDGE.LOG and attach to post.
2) Screenshots or examples do help -- steps to recreate the bug are very encouraged.

Sourceforge Bug Tracker #1
Sourceforge Bug Tracker #2
Github issues tracker
Lobo

Slopes cause odd slow down of player movement

Post by Lobo »

Slopes have some wierd physics issues when going up and down the stairs (sort of an odd, random, slowdown of player speed). I reported this on Discord a few months ago with one of my maps, where in that case just moving towards some slopes caused the issue: you didn't even have to actually move across(through?) the slopes.

It can be experienced to a lesser extent in the slopes demo(demo-Slopes.wad) that shipped with Edge 1.35. Just go up and down them a few times, maybe even moving backwards.
demo-Slopes.wad
(30.78 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Actually here's a perfect example of the issue: going up the slope not too bad, but when you come down the other side it's like you're moving through quicksand:
slopes.wad
(8.35 KiB) Downloaded 435 times

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Slopes cause odd slow down of player movement

Post by Corbachu »

Something I’ve long wanted to do. As a result of improving existing EDGE slopes, but then later adding vertex heights might have borked them (UDMF).

@Lobo: I’ll start looking into it! Is there a way you can create a map with UDM slopes to test that piece as well?
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Return to “Bug Reports”