Voodoo doll changing player movement physics

Report bugs in this thread. Please
1) Have a copy of your DEBUG.TXT or EDGE.LOG and attach to post.
2) Screenshots or examples do help -- steps to recreate the bug are very encouraged.

Sourceforge Bug Tracker #1
Sourceforge Bug Tracker #2
Github issues tracker
Khorus

Voodoo doll changing player movement physics

Post by Khorus »

Hello 3DGE! I've started building a hub based mapset for this lovely port and have encountered a bug. I'm using the build posted by Coraline here.

Using sector special 4448 "Edge Push WEST" on a voodoo doll in a remote conveyor belt set up causes the player's hud weapon to stop swaying and their movement physics to become more "floaty" when the voodoo hits the blocking wall waiting to be lowered. When the switch that lowers the barrier is triggered, the proper physics come back until the doll hits the end wall. Here's a mediafire download of my map so far to give a demonstration.

Can't wait to keep working with the port and coming back with any other issues/requests for help. :)

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Voodoo doll changing player movement physics

Post by Corbachu »

THANK YOU so much for providing the build information and steps to duplicate the issue, including
a custom map. This kind of thing *really* helps in debugging and time-saving ;-)

I will begin looking into this and report back to you as soon as I figure it out =)

BTW, welcome to the forums!
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Return to “Bug Reports”