Big list of small bugs

Report bugs in this thread. Please
1) Have a copy of your DEBUG.TXT or EDGE.LOG and attach to post.
2) Screenshots or examples do help -- steps to recreate the bug are very encouraged.

Sourceforge Bug Tracker #1
Sourceforge Bug Tracker #2
Github issues tracker
Marscaleb

Big list of small bugs

Post by Marscaleb »

Okay, I'll be honest here: I've found a number of tiny problems with 3DGE. And while I could submit a lot of bug reports on SourceForge, it feels kinda of like a jerk-move because most of these are little things; inconveniences. And the others might just be a problem with my machine. So instead of cluster-bombing the bug report I thought I would just post a thread about them here. Maybe some of them are already known and have appropriate fixes or something.

Doom:

Results screen is shown after final levels of each episode; this is inconsistent with vanilla Doom (but consistent with vanilla Doom 2). Alternatively, results screen at end of episode 2 shows Tower of Babel still under construction. If the results screen isn't scrapped from the end of the episodes, then the map ought to be fixed.

Doom 2:

Cannot skip intermission text (story text) when displayed between levels. (This is behavior for Doom 1, not Doom 2.) Very annoying. I mean, a momentary hold on being able to skip would be nice so the player doesn't accidentally skip text they wanted to see, but not for the whole screen.

It displays that intermission text when you IDCLEV to a level. It should not do this; only display it after you clear a level. Combined with the last bug, this is VERY annoying.

Upon clearing Icon of Sin and being presented with the “cast roll” you cannot “kill” the folks being displayed. Possibly tied in with the inability to skip the intermission text.

Heretic:

When you jump into water, it does not make the water splash sound or splash effect, and your view does not drop down as if you were wading in the water. I know the view-dropping might cause problems with crouching if your POV drops beneath the surface, so perhaps a modified crouch behavior ought to be used to ensure it doesn't drop too low.
Note that in original Heretic anything will splash when entering water, not just the player.

Cheat codes do not work; the Doom cheat codes are used instead. (You know, being able to write your own cheat codes in DDF would be pretty wild.)

Menu headers look wrong; "screen options", "sound options", etc, are written with a Doom font and are colored for the Doom palette, making them look wrong in Heretic's palette.

Screen size cannot be changed; HUD won't show the two gargoyles eating the chain which shows your life.

Ammo won't display properly. Even the grid display of all weapons and ammo is showing data relevant to Doom and not to Heretic; some weapons will not show their ammo ever and the numbers are not relevant to correct weapons. (This problem carries over to many custom Doom wads I have tried, though they ought to be able to add new scripts to customize the HUD anyway.)

Keys are not displayed on the HUD at all.

All games:

Demos do not play. It just loops the title screen. I suppose this is fine when you load a custom wad, but this is just from the regular iwads.

IDCLEV is hard-coded to not exceed certain values, even if the wad actually has maps beyond those values. Alternatively, the console command to change maps is likewise hardcoded to ignore extra values.
I would expect that the console command would allow me to enter any arbitrary name for a map, so I could even switch a map with an arbitrary name that doesn't use the traditional naming conventions.

3DGE specific:

All of the transition effects (such as the screen melt) do not cover the full screen when playing in widescreen and the image is just the title pic or an intermission pic or etc. The new image becomes instantly visible on the edges that are not covered by the image. Ideally the black bars on the side should be part of the transition effect.

The “pixel fade” leaves the very last group of pixels on the screen for too long without clearing them.

HQ2X scaling causes noticeable lines on many wall textures where they repeat. It looks like the HQ2X effect doesn't apply properly to repeating textures. I don't know if this is even something that can be fixed, but it would be great if it could; HQ2X scaling is possibly the greatest feature of 3DGE.

“Interpolate” produces a jittery-jumpy effect instead of a smooth framerate.

Smoothing causes lines around all UI objects. (Not expecting this one to get fixed; it would need a significant overhaul by adding blank spaces around UI sprites and then trimming or relocating each item when displayed.)

I run into problems if I try to reassign more than one key command per session. The first command I try to adjust will change, but the second one just adjusts the first one again.

Animated sprites can jitter a little if they don't have the exact same dimensions for each frame.

Editing:

Cannot launch the 3DGE builder; it gives an error about being unable to find GZBuilder.default.cfg.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Big list of small bugs

Post by Corbachu »

Marscaleb:
Okay, I'll be honest here: I've found a number of tiny problems with 3DGE. And while I could submit a lot of bug reports on SourceForge, it feels kinda of like a jerk-move because most of these are little things; inconveniences. And the others might just be a problem with my machine. So instead of cluster-bombing the bug report I thought I would just post a thread about them here. Maybe some of them are already known and have appropriate fixes or something.
You are awesomely honest Marscaleb! This report is what I've desperately needed. As you might or might not know, I have ADHD, so I often forget about these things.
Having a dedicated list like this is much better than the disjointed bug reports on SF. As a matter of fact, I would prefer my core users here just submit them here directly.

The SourceForge page is mostly for anonymous tips and random users anyway - very rarely have they ever followed through with a 'bug report', and most of
them were not bugs. Considering just closing the damn thing and using our native Github issues module, since at least on our forums, we get responses and not just a drop-
and-go type of ordeal.

Time-notwithstanding, onto the dissection! =)
DOOM:
---Results screen is shown after final levels of each episode; this is inconsistent with vanilla Doom (but consistent with vanilla Doom 2).
---Alternatively, results screen at end of episode 2 shows Tower of Babel still under construction. If the results screen isn't scrapped from the end of the episodes, then the map ought to be fixed.

I honestly never noticed either of these problems! It's been so long since I've played Vanilla Doom (aside from almost exclusively 3DGE, I sometimes use Eternity for comparison purposes, and PrBOOM+ for everything else), and I just never really paid attention before.

I think having the results screen show up after the final levels of an episode, before the ending, is actually neat - most people aren't used to seeing it, and might be interested in level stats. However, it IS a deviation from the original game, but there is a flag in LEVELS.DDF to remove the stat screen (from any level that you want, really).

Regardless, if you want to get rid of this behavior, add this string [special] anywhere specifically in the [E1M8] entry:

Code: Select all

STATS=NONE; //this is a [special]: what format of end of level statistics to use. Either DOOM or NONE at present, more to follow later.
You can even do fun stuff like assigning a NEXT_MAP= to it, which should immediately start the next episode's level rather than using the menu (this might already be there). It also works
if you drag n' drop DOOM.WAD onto 3DGE.exe while DOOM2.wad is present in the root: all episodes, including Hell On Earth, are playable in order from E1M1 -> MAP32, so the above behavior
works at the end of E4M8 (or E3M8 if not using Ultimate Doom) - it will just skip straight into DOOM2's MAP01. I still haven't seen any other source port that so easily manages the two games -- and of
course, this means you can use the Super Shotgun in Doom.wad. I have already created a basic "find and add", to add Doom2 enemies into certain Doom 1 maps if both WADS are detected. ;)

However, I never noticed the progression screen issue with Episode 2. I will take a look first through the DDF, second through source, but I will fix this before the
second release of 2.1.0 comes out. Added to my TODO log.
DOOM II:
--Cannot skip intermission text (story text) when displayed between levels. (This is behavior for Doom 1, not Doom 2.) Very annoying. I mean, a momentary hold on being able to skip would be nice so the player doesn't accidentally skip text they wanted to see, but not for the whole screen.
--It displays that intermission text when you IDCLEV to a level. It should not do this; only display it after you clear a level. Combined with the last bug, this is VERY annoying.
--Upon clearing Icon of Sin and being presented with the “cast roll” you cannot “kill” the folks being displayed. Possibly tied in with the inability to skip the intermission text.
This was an ongoing issue for a very long time. With releases before 2.1.0 (Test1) as well as 2.0.4, I attempted a very ugly hack for another issue that arose directly to how EDGE handled
intermission screens (which carried over to 3DGE). The main issue reported much earlier (but oddly nobody noticed when EDGE was in development) was that a black screen
was cleared when attempting to skip DOOM 1 episode endings. It didn't impact the user's ability to see the ending at all, but when they tried to "advance" the intermission
ticker, 3DGE never cleared the game state and assumed another map would *always* be available. I had consulted with my predecessor about this -- he gave me some suggestions,
but I ended up choosing the easiest and "quickest" one, which was a huge mistake on my part.

One of his solutions was to "disable" title advancing all-together, which is what I did. Unfortunately, it affected the DOOM II intermission screen as well, and I did not test the
fix when I released 2.0.4. It was well known by the time I released 2.1.0 (test1), but that release was mostly to test the new SDL2 backend. It taught me a valuable lesson:
sometimes the "easiest" way is not always the most elegant way.

To just as well fix the bug, I can add NEXT_MAP= into all episode ending entries, even E3M8 (or E4M8) to loop back to the beginning, or a special END_MAP or whatever...hmmm...

Anyways, I have put in the appropriate checks to the f_finale TitleAdvance() struct, and all strange behavior with this is now tested and verified to be fixed - both DOOM1 intermissions'
are now skippable, and the same goes for DOOM 2, with its Cast Screen behavior restored =)
HERETIC:
When you jump into water, it does not make the water splash sound or splash effect, and your view does not drop down as if you were wading in the water. I know the view-dropping might cause problems with crouching if your POV drops beneath the surface, so perhaps a modified crouch behavior ought to be used to ensure it doesn't drop too low.
Note that in original Heretic anything will splash when entering water, not just the player.
Yep! This was one of the very first things I wanted to do in my fork of EDGE (well before 3DGE became official), but I was never able to get it working then -- now that
Heretic support was added, so was a new global state just for the game (instead of before, where it was very hackey and relied on a dumb batchfile to get working).

I have been hacking up P_ZMovement function in p_mobj.cc to support just this, and I had finally gotten it working (DSGLOOP, you might have seen it in the last two releases in the wadfile).
It was a very volatile hack though, and it inspired me to take it all the way and develop a new type of DDF: DDFTERRA (Terrain.ddf) to handle such a thing (as well
as other effects, like flat warping). This is still a work-in-progress, as I don't want it to have a fate similar to the last DDF standard developed (Styles.DDF), and
as we all know, it wasn't fully fleshed out and is one of the most inconsistent cause of issues between most 3DGE releases to date. I don't want this for Terrain.DDF.

Test2 will not have DDFTERA just yet, but it will have an active list of all Heretic and DOOM liquid flats that trigger the DSGLOOP when landing on it. For Heretic, I
will create an additional automatic action to lower the view, maybe something like {...mo->z += zmove / 2;} or something similar to it when landing on such flats. Would
this behavior be desirable for regular DOOM/II as well?
HERETIC:
Cheat codes do not work; the Doom cheat codes are used instead. (You know, being able to write your own cheat codes in DDF would be pretty wild.)
You can already write all of your own cheat codes via Language.LDF! Old-school DOSDoom/EDGE modders would do this all the time to deter players from cheating. Starts at about...
line 650 in DDFLANG. ;)

Would you mind telling me what the cheat codes are named? This was also documented in /docs/3DGE-Issues.txt. At least, for now, I can get the cheat codes named properly,
but full HERETIC support is still a work in progress (as of 2.1.0 Test2 though, the player no longer needs to start it from a batch-file).

I do know IDDQD instantly kills the player --, it can be easily done as of right now in HER_DDF:

Step 1: If you open up language.ldf, find the entry: iddqd="iddqd"
Step 2: rename iddqd="x", 'X' being whatever Heretic's GOD mode string is.
Step 3: Scroll down to rename the following; idsuicide="idsuicide", to idsuicide="iddqd" - should now function as it did in Heretic. ;)

Give it a whirl and let me know -- if you change the ones we can change right now, I would love the language.ldf to include in Test2 (and of course I would credit
you -- plums has been doing a lot of work on Heretic and he would love to see this). The other advanced stuff like "Chicken Mode" are not functional yet.
HERETIC:
Menu headers look wrong; "screen options", "sound options", etc, are written with a Doom font and are colored for the Doom palette, making them look wrong in Heretic's palette.
Already replaced last night in M_Menu now that the global Heretic state is recognized throughout the entire engine -- it was easy after that ;) Eventually, I will be making ANOTHER
code file for Heretic's menu altogether (h_menu) to duplicate its functions exactly (like Game Files ->> Save/Load, etc). Much better Heretic support in the next release, I promise =)

I also thought about replacing all of those with soft-coded PNG images in the DOOM font (internalized to edge2.wad), rather than use a specific Palette, since, say another non-EDGE mod overrides the palette/colormaps,
and screws it up. What do you think? I think only a few ports do this (maybe Doomsday, or Risen3D)? Anyways, I always wanted to rename those global patches (just the ones that will
change drastically like that) to custom images in 3DGE's recognizable font, so at least this way, there are no discrepancies.

I will try and patch this to not rely on hard-coded names in the future though...added in my TODO.
HERETIC:
--Screen HUD size cannot be changed; HUD won't show the two gargoyles eating the chain which shows your life.
--Ammo won't display properly. Even the grid display of all weapons and ammo is showing data relevant to Doom and not to Heretic; some weapons will not show their ammo ever and the numbers are not relevant to correct weapons. (This problem carries over to many custom Doom wads I have tried, though they ought to be able to add new scripts to customize the HUD anyway.)
--Keys are not displayed on the HUD at all.
The sole reason for this -- 3DGE does not use Doom's heads up logic at all, so I could not just take the heads-up drawer from Heretic (which is what 99% of other ports do easily). With
3DGE, heads-up display was deferred to a QuakeC Virtual Machine, called COAL. Due to this, each HUD has to be coded from scratch, and the HUD as-is is viewable in any text editor. To
do this, look in ./her_ddf/coal_api.ec and ./her_ddf/coal_hud.ec. COAL_HUD is the file 3DGE uses to draw its heads-up display, so it is simply a matter of writing it. Since there are much more
important things to do with 3DGE with my limited time, I have chosen to defer that to either the community, or save it for much later, which is why Heretic's HUD is directly based on
the one written into 3DGE (which is from Doom Forever by CeeJay, who incidentally also wrote most of the initial Heretic DDF).

To see how 3DGE handles Doom's vanilla HUD and the new 3DGE hud, look in ./doom_ddf/coal_hud.ec -- this allows the end-user much more power, being able to write the heads-up display from
absolute scratch -- the only current limitations are using what is available in coal_api.ec, since the API is hardcoded to 3DGE, not the VM. Fortunately, QuakeC is a very easy scripting
language, and 3DGE took it a step further by simplifying it so the average modder can make whatever kind of HUD they want. I actively take requests to add to the COAL API, since it is so damn
easy to do -- so I am more than open to writing stuff in, as long as the code written for the user-based coal_hud is viable and clean looking ;)

For quick reference, we have a Wiki article dedicated to COAL:

Quick-Start Guide

I have been in-between coding bursts wondering to myself if I should just get Heretic's menu coded in COAL properly already ;) Good thing is that our QuakeC language can far surpass
any other port's heads-up display code, as you can literally make minigames in it (I remember, in EDGE's twilight days, when somebody coded a game of PONG into the automap, sort of
like Commander Keen) with the proper know-how and patience/time (being a VM and all).

In a nutshell: 3DGE can more than handle Heretic's menu behavior, but there is another HUGE issue with Heretic I am grappling with - I will describe it below.

For Heretic, the reason we needed herfix.wad [before I recently removed dependency on it], was that weapon sprite offsets are NOT the same as Doom's standard offset system. Since Herfix.wad
contains duplicate copyrighted graphics lumps, there was no question: it needed to go.

Just as so, when I did, the weapons now "hover" well above the screen-cutoff and I can't figure out for the life of
me why exactly this is happening, but it might be due to the way Heretic implemented its heads-up display drawer.
Searching through Heretic's source is kind of a nightmare, so I was hoping to ask one of the guys at Doomworld about
that particular issue. I haven't messed with Heretic's source code prior to writing in support, so it's engine quirks are still new to me -- and I think
the way it offsets Heretic's weapons are different to the way DOOM does it. Before I release Test2, I *need* to figure out WTF
Heretic does and apply it, either internally or via DDF.
3DGE:
Demos do not play. It just loops the title screen. I suppose this is fine when you load a custom wad, but this is just from the regular iwads.
Yep, EDGE never had proper Demo support before (as the developers found it too hard to maintain when they renamed DOSDoom to EDGE, around version 0.65). There were much more recent efforts from
EDGE's later developmental years, using a new demo format called .EDM, and I have experimented with bringing back the format properly. The problem is that I don't think 3DGE can ever play back
Vanilla demos because there is not enough information stored in them for 3DGE to do a proper conversion, unfortunately. However, new demos would be able to be recorded in the EDM
format, even if you are running the vanilla IWADS.

Maybe I will revisit the code and integrate it into 3DGE (probably tonight, since I am off work), and see what works and what doesn't. I suppose SOME demo support is better than nothing at all!
Cheats:
IDCLEV is hard-coded to not exceed certain values, even if the wad actually has maps beyond those values. Alternatively, the console command to change maps is likewise hardcoded to ignore extra values.
I would expect that the console command would allow me to enter any arbitrary name for a map, so I could even switch a map with an arbitrary name that doesn't use the traditional naming conventions.
It's not so much IDCLEV that is "hard-coded", but a limitation of DDFLEVELS. If maps go beyond the 32 level limit, the only other option is to define a new lumpname for the levelset, like QDOOM did. That
way, instead of using the numerical slot number, you would use the actual lump name of the map being loaded (for instance, QD01). If these maps are built with our internal nodebuilder, glBSP, then they should
just "work", however its possible that it never could. Do you have the name of the WAD you tested with so I can check this out? After I do, I will have a better understanding of the problem.

Regardless, I can always add a quick hack and support dummy values for maps larger than 32, since glBSP recognizes as many as it builds -- this way, 3DGE can at least recognize the basic lumpname, if it exists. I
think this will be a good idea to have in the long-run, anyway. ;)

As for "values", do you mean the extra switches? I always thought that was initiated from the command line, or maybe I'm not remembering correctly?
Renderer:
All of the transition effects (such as the screen melt) do not cover the full screen when playing in widescreen and the image is just the title pic or an intermission pic or etc. The new image becomes instantly visible on the edges that are not covered by the image. Ideally the black bars on the side should be part of the transition effect.
This is very strange, as I have a wide screen, 1080p monitor and I have had no issues with this. What "Monitor Size" setting do you use (Menu->Screen Options)? I always run 3DGE in 4:3 mode (even in 1920x1080) so everything will cover the widescreen, but maybe that is the "wrong" way to play the game? I haven't messed with the "Monitor Size" value, as I did not write that code, but it is possible it wasn't written future-proof...

Try using 4:3 mode and seeing if that clears up your problem.

An example of what my 1920x1080 configuration looks like during a screen melt, in 4:3:
Spoiler:
Renderer:
The “pixel fade” leaves the very last group of pixels on the screen for too long without clearing them.
Noticed that too - fixed when I re-ordered the screen transition effects.
Renderer:
HQ2X scaling causes noticeable lines on many wall textures where they repeat. It looks like the HQ2X effect doesn't apply properly to repeating textures. I don't know if this is even something that can be fixed, but it would be great if it could; HQ2X scaling is possibly the greatest feature of 3DGE.
Does it now? Could you post some screenshots showing the effect that has on the game? It looked like nobody ever reported this bug in EDGE's lifetime either, so this is definitely new to me, and hopefully something that I didn't break!
3DGE:
“Interpolate” produces a jittery-jumpy effect instead of a smooth framerate.
Which has been fixed now, it was a really bad oversight to a piece of code that should have never existed (the vsync and maxfps code)..

As a test, pull down your console and type:
r_vsync 0
r_maxfps 0

The framerate should now always be consistent and fast.

It was a huge problem that was never addressed until 2.1.0 Test1, where the default settings for those two CVARS were left at 0, where they belong. Using 2.1.0 Test1 will verify that this "stuttering" no longer exists ;)
Screen:
Smoothing causes lines around all UI objects. (Not expecting this one to get fixed; it would need a significant overhaul by adding blank spaces around UI sprites and then trimming or relocating each item when displayed.)
This shouldn't be happening with regular gameplay. Some modifications' sprites do indeed have some issues with Smoothing. If possible, could you supply a screenshot of this phenomenon?

Another thing to note: my daughter destroyed my glasses sometime 2 years ago, and I'm waiting for a new pair, but my eyesight has gotten really bad because of it, so I probably can't see clear enough to recognize those lines -- if they are there, I will take your word for it. ^_^
Input:
I run into problems if I try to reassign more than one key command per session. The first command I try to adjust will change, but the second one just adjusts the first one again.
This only happened if one were to try and re-assign the "USE" key AFAIK on that "page", which would muck up the entire responder. This was fixed last month by re-ordering and re-writing the more volatile parts of the M_Options code, which means it will be in 2.1.0 Test2. Euranna, from Zdoom's forums, first noticed this, and he verified that all control binding issues were solved when I sent him an earlier executable fixing it (finally!!)
3DGE Builder:
Cannot launch the 3DGE builder; it gives an error about being unable to find GZBuilder.default.cfg.
I will look into this after Test2 drops. 3DGE Builder stopped seeing active development last year simply due to time constraints, but I have been meaning to pick it back up and merge changes with GZDoom Builder, and continuing
fixing bugs with my fork of the program. For now, you can always use Doom Builder 2, provided its "EDGE" configuration is up-to-date.

[random rant]
Spoiler:
What really annoys me is often Utility developers fail to see how 3DGE is not compatible 1:1 with EDGE, and it becomes a problem when they deliberately ignore 3DGE (like Rocket Launcher 2.0, for instance), despite my plea to rename it 3DGE and update its configuration. It makes it MUCH more difficult when I have people report problems to me, only to find out that they are using old specs from EDGE (or even EDGE 1.35) that are not compatible and deprecated. It also doesn't help because people get the wrong impression that EDGE is still developed, as it ceased back in 2011. :D
[/end rant]

Let me know what you think, hopefully I covered everything ;)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Marscaleb

Post by Marscaleb »

Hmm, okay I'm not seeing as much of a problem with smoothing around UI objects. But I definitely saw it around the Tower of Babel on the Doom 1 intermission screen. The other instances might have been just in certain mods. I'll keep my eye out.

As for the lines caused by HQ2x, it is most noticeable on floors, but it shows up on textures that are supposed to have one continuous pattern; anything that naturally has an edge in it won't be a problem. But it will be there on basically every tile in the game, some more noticeable than others. It is easier to spot with smoothing turned off, but still noticeable either way.
Spoiler:
Classic pixel goodness:

HQ2x on, smoothing off:

HQ2x off, smoothing on:

Here I drew over the lines in case you are having trouble seeing it:

Ashwall, HQ2X on:

But to be fair, ashwall doesn't tile *that* well to begin with:

The horror! The horror!
Transition effects:
Spoiler:
Resolution: 1920x1080
Monitor size: 16:9
If I set monitor size to 4:3 it stretches the image because the aspect ratio is wrong. I hate having the aspect ratio wrong. I will have wrong aspect ratios die in a fire.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Do other ports that run in 1920x1080/16:9 do the transitional effect properly? How do other ports handle 16:9?
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Marscaleb

Post by Marscaleb »

Hmm let me check...
Risen3D doesn't have any transitions, it seems.
Chocolate Doom, Cripsy Doom, and Doom 3 BFG Edition don't let the game run in 16:9. (Likewise with the PS3's Doom Classic Complete, but it has an added feature of not even drawing the melt effect for several frames at first, because that sad sack of crap has to find some new way to disappoint every time it runs.)
GZDoom GPL is the only source port I have on hand that can even do this, and it will just count the black bars on the side as part of the screen, and they will melt the black bars. I can't get any screenshots though; the system won't allow me to take screenshots during a transition, apparently.

As I said though, this is only a problem when the game is running an image that is supposed to fill the whole screen, like the intro pic or the intermission pics. The normal gameplay will be displayed wide and will apply the transitions to the whole screen.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Monster infighting: When a woken enemy has successfully killed its target it will return to the idle state instead of resuming its attack on the player. Exception is when the enemy happens to be directly facing the player in which case he will "wake up" again. This makes the enemies seem incredible dumb. Pretty sure this wasn't the case in vanilla DOOM.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

CeeJay wrote:Monster infighting: When a woken enemy has successfully killed its target it will return to the idle state instead of resuming its attack on the player. Exception is when the enemy happens to be directly facing the player in which case he will "wake up" again. This makes the enemies seem incredible dumb. Pretty sure this wasn't the case in vanilla DOOM.
Just to test this, pull down the console and type:

g_aggression 1

Reload the map and test it out.

I do know what you mean though, I will have to add an additional entry to the struct so the monster can remember the previous attacker by default.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

There appears to a problem with the lost soul that may possible be related. After an (unsuccessful) attack it will go its idle state if sight of player has been lost.

Also...

MAP05 issues still present
Text screen/text crawls can still not be skipped (which can get quite frustrating when playing legit and the fact you can't change the wait time),
DOOM II end cast appears to be broken

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Most of those issues have now been reverted to before I disabled skipping.

I will check out the Lost Soul code after work tonight.

Keep them coming, I already fixed a bunch of issues from Test1 :-D
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

ATTACKS will clip (ceilings, floors) while 3DGE will try to fit THINGS as best it can in the game world dust nullifying the sprites X and Y values. How come?

Example: If I place an THING object that is 128 pixels tall in a room with 64 pixel height, it will be spawned sunk into the floor whereas if I make it into an attack it'll clip into the ceiling instead not changing its X and Y values. I think I would, personally, prefer the latter of the two to be applied to both ATTACKS and THINGS for consistency.