3DGEB v0.1

This category is to discuss EDGE Builder, a custom version of DB2 to support only EDGE, including all of the up-to-date features of the engine. The current release is v0.1.
Corbachu
Site Admin

3DGEB v0.1

Post by Corbachu »

Welcome to 3DGE Builder, a custom version of GZDB specifically built for 3DGE.
v0.1 Download

Note: Install executables in the /Setup folder to proceed.

You need to install SlimDX. If you have DB2 or GZDB installed, you do not need these required libraries.

Please report any bugs here!
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Re: v0.1 Released

Post by 3rd_3ye »

take it that XP is below the version of directX that EB requires? Still working on getting al the libraries correct.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: v0.1 Released

Post by Corbachu »

Should work just fine with Windows XP ^_^
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Re: 3DGEB v0.1

Post by RUNSABER »

Hi Chu, I want to take the time to say thanks for this SUPER awesome release. It's now easier to use the interface of GZDoom without the limitations brought upon the editing format. I'm not sure if it's UDMF, but it would be awesome to one day have Z positioning for things on the map - this would make working with dynamic lighting a cinch instead of using DDF to determine the surface on which the thing rests on. A la ON_CEILING EVERYTHING, but until then, the editing continues! Also, is it possible to add additional Sector specials using configurations or replace existing ones? I still try to work with coloured lighting specials but instead I only create damaging/flashing sectors.
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Updating sector specials is on the list for v0.2! =)

UDMF is also something I've been looking into supporting for 3DGE..
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Thank you for this Coraline, it rocks! I've mostly been using Eureka for mapping, but this is definitely going to be my No.1 due to it being specifically tailored to 3DGE.

Julian

Post by Julian »

I have encountered a small problem on startup:

There are two Russian strings, because of OS language is Russian:

1) В экземпляре объекта не задана ссылка на объект. - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2) не найден - not found.

What was done for solution:

This seems to be because of first time launching of Builder on this PC (I'm out of home now), so I've downloaded laest SVN build of GZDoom Builder, and copied GZBuilder.default.cfg to 3DGE Builder folder. Now Builder starts normally, but only one bug appears - all Apperance colors are set to green (screenshot).

This can be fixed by removing whole c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\ and placing a correctly configured GZBuilder.default.cfg to 3DGE Builder folder (screenshot).
Here's this .cfg file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akj1GftRhTs2grdSq8Wnp5LUg1uASQ

It might be a good idea to include 100% correct required GZBuilder.default.cfg to 3DGE Builder archive. :?

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

So... how do I get this working?

I have Doom Builder 2. The SlimDX downloads appears to be down.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I am getting an error message similar to the one above, which gets repeated two-three times. No idea what it means.

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Here you go bro, a 32/64bit archive mirror: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/412 ... 64-bit.zip

Also, make sure you have 3DGEB. I used Doom Builder 2 and got the same issues. GZBuilder or this one will work fine. I'll attach an update that allows use of the 3DGE-specific items. Right now, I cant figure out how to adjust dynamic lighting manually within the editor so there will need to be some premade lights defined by DDF. Looking into Z-coordinate support too.
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.