Cannot Start the exe

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
SiMpLeToNiUm

Cannot Start the exe

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

I'm sorry if this sounds like a very stupid problem, but I'm certain I've followed all of the instructions and that I meet all the software and hardware pre-reqs. All I did was go to sourceforge and grab the latest stable build Win x64(2.1.0 - RC 1.5) and extract it to a separate directory called EDGE. I put my IWADS in there and tried several different methods of running the exe: command line, drag and drop, double-click, etc. The exe loads up a command window and then blinks away again. Am I missing something extremely obvious?

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Re: Cannot Start the exe

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Sorry for the late response. Edge is in a highly transitional state at the moment, and there have been some major life changes for the main dev. involving careers and such. The exe. itself is admittedly a little touchy, so it's hard for a non technical person such as myself to address these kind of issues. That said:

The biggest problem most users have are due to not having the latest MS runtime environments set up. Are you up to date?
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Return to “Support and Help”