Multiplayer

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
T0ffel0k

Multiplayer

Post by T0ffel0k »

Hi!

I see this port has a multiplayer tab ingame, but I am not allowed to change the server/host ip address to search for games. This in practice means I cannot play multiplayer. Am I doing anything wrong?

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Corbachu »

Networking, at the time, was in development but I had shelved it to focus on other things. The newer builds have those menus disabled for now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Re: Multiplayer

Post by RUNSABER »

You may not be able to play multiplayer over a network, however the engine has an excellent number of options for local play. New Death match allows up to 16 players/bots, meanwhile Old Death match allow 4-8 with standard rules. I'm in the process of modding Deathmatch slowly to track frags and add other gametypes such CTF, and KOTH, due to being able to force STATE changes via RTS calls. Right now it is super hard. I still have to figure out a medal system for double kills, multi kills etc. I spend a good time playing death match in 3DGE, especially on Boom comps like Duel32 :) Now that we have split screen (which is gorgeous) there is a bright future for community carnage :D
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Return to “Support and Help”