Using large png tiles

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
Marscaleb

Using large png tiles

Post by Marscaleb »

How would I go about using over-sized png files as textures in my mod?

I can import PNG files into a wad using Slade, but what if I want to use higher-resolution images than these tiny 64x64 tiles? I want to use larger images, but I want them to still appear in the levels as about the same relative sizes. For example, to have a 256x1256 floor tile appear in the same amount of space as the regular 64x64 floor tile. or use a 256x512 tile for a regular wall tile, but have it only go up as high as the regular 64x128 tiles do.
I have seen sample wads for 3DGE that show scaling tiles to new sizes, but I'm not looking to do this with just a few instances of a tile, but to make it so that every time I place a particular tile it is re-sized this way.

Marscaleb

Re: Using large png tiles

Post by Marscaleb »

It occurred to me that this is the same thing that the "high res texture" pack is doing, since it is replacing original textures with higher resolution versions. But the wad I downloaded for that isn't working, so I can't use that as an example for how to do this.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Hey, sorry I wasn't able to look at this sooner, a lot of IRL BS going on. I will take a look at it tonight.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Marscaleb

Post by Marscaleb »

Coraline wrote: a lot of IRL BS going on.
I know that story.
*Awkward laughter.*

Return to “Support and Help”