Robotech FirstGen: WIP release

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
Lobo

Robotech FirstGen: WIP release

Post by Lobo »

Just updated my old Robotech FirstGen TC to work on newer versions of EDGE.
Also features a shiny new COAL HUD!

What is it: This is a TC for Doom2/EDGE which replaces a large number of sprites, graphics, sounds, music and levels. The central theme of the TC will of course be the Robotech anime series, more specifically centered on the first generation (Macross). The storyline of the TC will follow the series, from the first few episodes up to the point where the main fleet of the zentraedi arrive to attack earth.

Screenshots:

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o0wwrpzu6 ... P.wad/file

Homepage: http://firstgen.no-ip.com/

I'm not sure this will ever be completed, kind of ran out of steam. But I would like to at least polish it up: swap out lots of sprites for models, more skyboxes, new font.

Also add a lot of detail to the maps, most of them were really just placeholders while I got the DDF and RTS running how I wanted. Anyone want to have a go prettying up the maps? 😉

RUNSABER

Re: Robotech FirstGen: WIP release

Post by RUNSABER »

I love the aerial battles and content thus far, as it takes me back to my Starfox 64 days!!! And that asteroid field too, have yet to see something like that in EDGE. What format are the maps in? I can take a look at beautifying some stuff once I get to a good stopping point myself. The city looks very well for its basic geometry, and most of the time that's all ya need!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Lobo

Post by Lobo »

Maps are Doom in Doom format: bog standard. Don't know if udmf was even invented when I did them back then 😂

I'd love to see what you can do to pretty them up!

Lobo

Post by Lobo »

New version is coming along nicely. Swapped out all friendlies and enemies for 3D models.

Final polishing mainly consists of some new skyboxes and new UI graphics.

Lobo

Post by Lobo »

New version is out: grab it from the original post.

Return to “Mods/Projects”