Splinter Cell / Stealth Action style mod for 3DGE - WIP

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
so19

Splinter Cell / Stealth Action style mod for 3DGE - WIP

Post by so19 »

Still a work in progress - here's some alpha footage:

https://streamable.com/79qst

Let me know what you think

CeeJay

Re: Splinter Cell / Stealth Action style mod for 3DGE - WIP

Post by CeeJay »

Ain't much to see yet, but from what I can see it looks very promising. I like the enemy models and effects (the blood splatter, grabbing enemies, etc.) but the HUD guns look a little dark. I'm assuming the plain white walls and simple level geometry is due to it being in early stages of development. The camera is a very nice touch though.

so19

Post by so19 »

I've got a couple of levels that are finished, a couple that need a lot more work and some that are barely at a conceptual stage.

At the moment I've got a completed compound where the mission will involve a hostage extraction, a training level, and a very WIP design based around a moving subway train which I'm not sure is actually any fun (it looks cool but the gameplay when boiled down is pretty much just a fight in a long corridor)

The footage I posted will look a bit beige and underdone - it's from a simple testbed level that I am using while I test and tweak new code, effects, etc (which is why there's no real ornamentation/layout and an absence of texture work).

I'm not sure why the guns look dark to you (they seem to look OK to me in actual footage).

I could probably package this up in a semi playable form if you felt like giving it a tryout (its a solo project and so as the only contributor, naturally I believe (probably without complete foundation) that I'm everything I'm doing is turning out great. Let me know if you'd be willing to give it a go as an early playtest.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

This really looks interesting so19, I hope you're making progress with splinter cell.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Return to “Mods/Projects”