Wolfenstein 3DGE

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
CeeJay

Wolfenstein 3DGE

Post by CeeJay »

A faithful reinterpretation of the classic Wolfenstein 3D, requiring EDGE 1.35 or later and a DOOM/Freedoom IWAD. Features all six episodes of Wolf3D (Original & Nocturnal) plus Spear of Destiny and the Second Encounter (console port levels), bringing the total number of playable levels to 111! Features hi-res walls and sprites and awesome remastered soundtrack along with many enhancements, improvements and increased interactivity. Get psyched!

I won't be doing "The Lost Missions" for Spear of Destiny, mostly 'cos I think these suck and I lack hi-res counterparts for many of the custom walls and sprites.

Screenshots (terrible outdated):
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DOWNLOAD: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3dge

Credits:
Spoiler:
id Software (Wolfenstein 3D including its Atari Jaguar port, Spear of Destiny & DOOM 1/2)
Macplay/Interplay (Macintosh port of Wolfenstein 3D)
Logicware (Apple IIGS port of Wolfenstein 3D)
Ninjaforce Entertainment (Apple IIGS port, sound effects)
Gray Matter Interactive (Return to Castle Wolfenstein)
Simbey (MapToWad, help and support)
Laz Rojas (WolfenDOOM, walls and sprites)
DoomJedi (Sprites)
Captain J. (Sprites)
osjclatchford (Walls and sprites)
Flynn Taggart (Walls and possibly sprites)
Fox666 (Walls)
Michael Liebscher (Wolfenstein Redux, its ability to extract the resources from the Atari Jaguar ROM)
Ringman (128x128 enemy rotations lead artist, Fake Hitler, Rat (frontal frames), Angel of Death, various decorations)
Pallin (128x128 enemy rotations contributor)
LkMax (128x128 enemy rotations contributor)
DenisBelmondo (128x128 enemy rotations contributor)
Wiw (Pac-Man Ghosts)
HazeBandicoot (Pac-Man Ghosts)
GreyGhost (Level fixes)
Alex238 (Hitler SNES-style death, sprite edits)
LkMax (Machinegun & Chaingun pickup)
JoeyTD (Machinegun & Flamethrower edit)
Nash (Rat rotations)
BrainStewX (remastered Wolf3D & Spear soundtrack)
vigilantdoomer & lobo (slider door DB.X lua scripts)
Last edited by CeeJay on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

CeeJay

Re: Wolfenstein 3DGE

Post by CeeJay »

New and improved menu (WIP). Really wish there were some kind of Doom menu generator utility.

Much cleaner and prettier to look at. Away with the old dull, drab and ugly one.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Comparison
Spoiler:
OLD:
NEW:
Yeah, not sure what I was thinking with that old menu. Those fonts look dull and ugly on the menu but okay on the intermission, which is kind of weird. Perhaps I should have my eyes checked, or somebody to do quality control.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Well, I've hit a minor setback. No computer, it broke down. So I've no idea when I'll get back to modding and release anything.

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

I feel for you, something similar along the lines happened to me a while back with my x86. Do you favor rigs or laptops? I'll keep a look out and help however I can.
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Yeah ceejay, i have a Lenovo thinkpad x130 (win10, radeon, dx12) that i could send you! One of the best ultrabooks ever. You would just need a hard drive and battery for it
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

RUNSABER wrote:I feel for you, something similar along the lines happened to me a while back with my x86. Do you favor rigs or laptops? I'll keep a look out and help however I can.
I have a laptop which is my main computer and a stationary one set up for all my retro stuff.
Coraline wrote:Yeah ceejay, i have a Lenovo thinkpad x130 (win10, radeon, dx12) that i could send you! One of the best ultrabooks ever. You would just need a hard drive and battery for it
And how much would you want for it?

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Just whatever the shipping would cost since it needs the drive and battery. :)

When shit calms down at my pad I will email you the details ^_^
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Well, that'd be awesome. You Americans always so generous. Don't know the prices of computer hardware over there but here it's a little expensive, especially additional parts for laptops which is why I can't just go out and buy a new one at the moment (minimum wage, you know).

But do I really need a battery if I have it plugged in it all the time?

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

True! Lol, yeah u can just plug it in. Bad news...i lost the second charger, but im sure I will find it for you!!

Just send shipping details in a PM for me :)

But yeah, the laptop can handle GL2 mode rather well, it can play Unreal Engine 3 games at 35fps, so it should be a good replacement for you.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ