3HTP (3DGE DHTP) [RELEASED]

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: 3HTP (3DGE DHTP) [RELEASED]

Post by Corbachu »

It crashed? Try to replicate and post your Debug (I'll try when/if I get the time).

Most crashes of this type are inputting one image format when you (or the engine) expects a different format. Its a common typo with Images DDF.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

That's just it - I've never gotten a crash on any of my own systems. It has worked perfectly for me, but a colleague tells me that she got a crash on Doom2 map 3 for some reason. I've looked into it and asked her to show me, but she hasn't been able to replicate it for me. It made me a little nervous because I've bug tested the pack to hell and back, and I was quite sure that I squashed all of the bugs. Now I'm wondering if anybody else is having any issues.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Are the model types all MD5? I know of one assertion error I'm getting that needs to be fixed, but otherwise, all I can do is try to play test it tonight. It's important to be able to replicate, otherwise, there's not much we can do :(
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Phew! So we found out that it was something that she had installed on her HD, some weird program that she configured in a strange way. I didn't recognize it, and she said that it was something that she built using Dev C a long time ago. She scrapped it and everything works fine for her now. Weirdness. Anywho, it appears that all is well because I have not found anything while bug testing, and I haven't been receiving the usual email insults from random Doom fans across the internet :D .

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Haha! Why do they insult you? For your loyalty towards 3DGE? ;)

Regardless, hoping to make a new release soon...no promises. Corrected interpolation, bump/spec maps for models, and all sorts of new stuff.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Awesome! Looking forward to it! You'd be surprised how angry people get in the Doom community. Somebody threatened to rape my girlfriend and light my dog on fire just because I *Dared* to add 3D models and HD textures to *his* game. Fans are crazy that way.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

You have no idea! When Hypertension was first developed in 2008...that was only the tip of the iceberg. I had a stalker following my every presence, compiling information about me, relentlessly searching me across the internet, sending me death threats, wishing ill on my family...it was the fucking craziest moment of my career (and very early in, too). Blood's fanbase isn't what you'd expect at all...certainly led to one of my decisions to completely gut Hypertension from them in every way (along with Atari, but that's ancient history).

Don't mind them =)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

That's so true! I had forgotten about the whole Blood dust up. Somebody actually stalked you!? That is insane! I wonder what it is about these fans that causes them to go so crazy, especially when we are offering them nice things either for free or at a fair price. I've only had a few random Doom fans email me nasty letters and such, but no stalkers so far. I didn't recognize any of the names, so I know that it is not from any of the main Doom communities. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the anonymity of the internet. Still, you'd think that they'd appreciate the efforts being made on their behalf.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

People get jealous, I think. They have a similar idea - you execute it much better and for a less common (but better looking IMO) source port and things start hitting the fan.

At any rate, I'm so glad we have a pack to call our own for 3DGE. =)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Amen to that! 8-)