[3DGE] Immoral Conduct 2 RELOADED

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
CeeJay

[3DGE] Immoral Conduct 2 RELOADED

Post by CeeJay »

An unofficial semi/spiritual sequel to Cory Whittle's legendary IMMORAL CONDUCT. Like it's predecessor it follows a military/urban theme and to a lesser extent 1980's action movies. You won't find any sci-fi or overly fantastical weapons here. There is more focus on strategy and tactics and reloading is a thing so you'll need to be conservative, thoughtful as well as constantly on your toes. There is, however, a large amount of creative weapons and equipment at your disposal and most of which have secondary attacks and some have alternate versions (such as suppressed pistol, explosive shotgun rounds, etc.).

Action 1 and Action 2 keys activates Field Dressing and Sentry Turrets, respectively, when these are available.

Requires 3DGE 2.1.0 Test 3 or higher

Weapons/equipment
Spoiler:
MACHETE
Slot: 1
Capacity: 8
Secondary attack: Throw

HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT
Secondary attack: Kick
Note: Only available while using steroids

FLARES
Note: Dynamic lighting recomended

AMT HARDBALLER / DUAL / SUPPRESSED
Slot: 2
Capacity: 12 shots
Secondary attack: Sideways / Both simultaneously / Kick
Note: Dual AMTs replaces single AMT.

.44 REVOLVER
Slot: 2
Capacity: 6 shots
Secondary attack: Quick shot

PUMP-ACTION SHOTGUN
Slot: 3
Capacity: 7 shots
Secondary attack: Quick kick

SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN
Slot: 3
Capacity: 2 shots
Secondary attack: Both barrels simultaneously
Note: Can not be manually reloaded

UZI 9MM SUPPRESSED / DUAL WIELD
Slot: 4
Capacity: 32
Secondary attack: Aim
Note: While suppressed, continuous fire WILL eventually alert enemies.

40MM H.E. / GAS GRENADE LAUNCHER
Slot: 5
Capacity: 6 shots

FRAGMENTATION GRENADES
Slot: 6
Secondary attack: Roll

CLUSTER GRENADES
Slot: 6
Secondary attack: Roll

PROXIMITY MINE / REMOTE DETONATOR
Slot: 7
Secondary attack: Fuse
Note: Use detonator to remove any unwanted or faulty mines

AK 47
Slot: 8
Capacity: 30 shots
Secondary attack: Bayonet
Note: Will occasionally jam when firing fully-automatically costing one round

M60 MACHINE GUN
Slot: 8
Capacity: N/A

LIQUID NITROGEN (AEROSOL CAN)
Slot: 9

FLAMETHROWER
Slot: 9
Capacity: N/A

MINI-GUN
Slot: 0
Note: Tap the fire button once to get the barrels spinning.

FIELD DRESSING
Slot: Action 1

SENTRY TURRET
Slot: Action 2
Note: Can be activated/deactivated with the use key and picked up for re-use.

There is also a wide arrange of new items and power-ups. You'll just have to play and find out what these are.
Screenshots
Spoiler:
Download
RELOADED Edition (1.0): http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzl3ytcp7 ... reload.zip

Credits
Spoiler:
id Software
3D Realms
Lobotomy Software
LucasArts
Raven Software
Tripwire Interactive
Monolith Productions
Xatrix Entertainment
Gearbox Software
Studio 3DO
Intrepid Software
Bungie Software
Banjo Software
Don Tello aka Cory Whittle
Captain J.
Scuba Steve
Doom Nukem
osjclatchford
DenisBelmondo
Quistard (freesound.org)
WildWeasel
Lost Peoples TC crew
chronoteeth
Paul
Mike12
Uboa
HMNuke93
Last edited by CeeJay on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:00 am, edited 28 times in total.

Sandstormer

Re: Immoral Conduct 2: Riot Instigator (v1.0)

Post by Sandstormer »

This really made my day! This is easily one of my favorite gameplay mods ever, and I've always wished for a sequel. Thank you so much for doing this, Ceejay!

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Yes, this is truly a milestone for the 3DGE engine as a whole, to receive a proper sequel to one of the most cherished mods of all time, for our lovely engine ;-) Will add it to the Wiki.

Also CJ, feel free to add your mods to the 3DGE wiki (please) so we can build a topology of current mods for people to check out on there.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Alrighty, I shall. In time.

CeeJay

Re: Immoral Conduct 2: Riot Instigator (take 2!)

Post by CeeJay »

Now more polished, more balanced and with more ass-kicking contents.

Enjoy!

GET IT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zxp8t ... cj-ic2.zip

Please don't judge the quality of the sprites, I know some of it ain't exactly of DoomNukem, PillowBlaster or Eriance standards but keep in mind that I'm no sprite artist myself. Besides, the original Immoral Conduct was very much a mixed bag too.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Wow, somebody took issue with your sprites? They look very good, so I don't see why anyone would have an issue with them. Then again, this is the Doom community, so I can't say that it is surprising. Great work!

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Not so much issue but comments about the varying quality of the sprites. I don't disagree at all, some of the art does clash and there are a few weapons I would like to replace all together. The revolver is subject to change (it's pretty ugly) and if I could find a suitable replacement for the UZI I would change that too. I am glad to have finally been able to replace the now way way overused Duke3D shotgun. Technically this mod is pretty huge, not sure if people truly grasps that. With the arsenal/gear you have at your disposal you can set up a lot of creative and destructive traps in the game world.

What I usually do is set up a network of turrets, mines and place myself in an ambush position ready with one of the machineguns. It's quite fun when it goes as planned.

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

So I played this through with Riot Control, a Quake-esque map pack by Dutch Devil. I enjoy the secondary attacks and some of the weapons have very unique functions. Gangsta style was my favorite, alongside using the UZI with center aim. The imps and new monster definitions do well to keep balance along the strew of new weapons (the most I've seen for any mod so far). I don't think the Volva' looks too ugly, while it looks better than most angled sprites I have seen!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

I can see the clash in styles due to the resources being from different games and the fact that some of the sprites are dated, but I think that ugly is a very strong word. The original Immoral Conduct came out a long time ago and it used the resources that were available at the time. While there are more modern alternatives that are of higher quality, I wouldn't consider any of the resources as inherently ugly. I definitely wouldn't take issue with them or say negative things about your work due to you using them. I think that people should realize that you have a track record of adding newer and better things to all of your mods, and that you will eventually get around to adding new resources that fit the same visual style and complement each other.

Immoral Conduct is indeed a very large and intricate mod, and one of the most appealing parts of it is the ability to use so many different strategies and approaches. There is a near limitless amount of enjoyment that can be had from being creative with the available hardware ;) .

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

True.

I've added an explosive shell variation for the shotgun (green), you receive it automatically when you get ammo (provided you already have the shotgun). I'll also be doing variations for the grenade launcher. Explosive, Flare and Gas would do it, I think.

The only part I find difficult overall is keeping the balance somewhat reasonable and keeping it user-friendly. This has to be taken into consideration for any map or mapset, not just vanilla.

The original Immoral Conduct was one of my biggest sources of inspiration, ideas and creativity (along with his other mods) so I figured it only makes sense that I pay tribute to it. And since the engine has come a long way since then, there is a lot of room for improvements.