[WEAPON MOD] RSL Stylized

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
Chronoteeth

[WEAPON MOD] RSL Stylized

Post by Chronoteeth »

CROSSPOST FROM ZDOOM

A tribute modification to my favorite gameplay modder, RSL! We've collaborated before, But I love his going-abouts when it comes to modding that I'd make a tribute to his stuff! Impersonating a lot of his style and even using the same techniques as he does with his mods to create my own experience. Its a simple mod reusing a lot of my older code as well, but blended together to create a nice satisfying, simple gameplay mod!

10 weapons, each with an alt fire, some fancy effects, and above all else just a good ol' mod. Last mod for older versions of edge BTW so this does work with 1.35, and its actually finished for once too hahaha

PICS vvv
ImageImageImage

DL here

now i havnt been able to upload this to newgames because the COAL_HUDS technique to get it to be updated to 2.0.0 doesnt work. using the old hud code in coal is apparently supposed to work, but I still get the same no dice. if theres any edge masters here, if yins could help me out on this then i'd finally get it on newstuff!

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: [WEAPON MOD] RSL Stylized

Post by Corbachu »

Chrono, sorry for not replying to your issue sooner. It seems the version you packed in was NOT compiling correctly, for whatever reason, and was missing valuable strings.

I replaced it with the default HUD from an early version of 3DGE and it worked. I have attached the EC file below. Delete your COALHUDS lump (I did a replace and it did not match up with the default pre-1.36F HUD) and create a new LUMP. Import the text from the attached.

It should compile and display correctly. This particular HUD came from 1.36C, but was unchanged until 1.36F/2.0.0. Not sure what happened but the COALHUDS lump in your wad was not stock.

^_^ Let me know if it works out, also, welcome Chronoteeth :)
Attachments

[The extension ec has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

TY! ahhh hell yea!

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Chronoteeth wrote:TY! ahhh hell yea!
No problem - sorry it took so long to address my friend.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

If you have a sub-optimal pc, it's a good idea to run rsl with the extra blood option off to avoid a frame rate hit.

thanks.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

This is really nice and I enjoy it!

Return to “Mods/Projects”