3DGE Model Pack v1.3

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
Sandstormer

Re: 3DGE Model Pack v1.3

Post by Sandstormer »

Some new screenies. I've rebuilt a lot of the models that I had previously finished because they didn't fit in with the vanilla aesthetic. Keep in mind that these are only the base textures without any detailing added yet.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Looks good so far, keep up the work

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Thanks, Ceejay! So far, the weapon pick-ups, health and armor pickups, and specials are finished. I have started work on the scenery items and gore decorations. I want to get all of those out of the way before starting on the HUD guns and the monsters because that's the fun part ;) . I'm rounding up some more screenshots to show the latest work on the pack.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I'll be keeping an eye on it

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Update time! So, I previously mentioned that the pick up items have been built with basic colors applied to them. The scenery items and gore decorations have been built with basic colors applied to them, as well. Here is some [WIP] cream:

I've also started the process of making the character models, though it is extremely [WIP] at this point. Here is a very early build of the Doom Marine, though he will be reworked a million times before I settle on a design.

Edit: Here are a couple of shots of the entire model.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

A kick in the teeth - computer is officially fried and all data lost. Years of hard work gone down the drain. This project is officially on hiatus for the time being.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Damn, was your last release the only backup?
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Yep, the only model packs that I have access to are the ones in my mediafire and dropbox accounts. I'll figure something out. I can just pay for data recovery, but that is the last resort. I'm exploring several other options. It just means that it is going to take even longer for the next release :cry: .

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

So, $200 down the drain, and no dice. Some data was recovered from the fried computer. Unfortunately, none of that data has the names "Doom", "3DGE", or "Model" attached to them. Looks like everything is lost permanently. I'm going to take a break and then figure out where to go from here.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Update: Back in the saddle!

So, I picked up another system in addition to my low end testing system, and I am resuming work on the model pack. I'm going 100% Linux this time around (Neptune/ZevenOS) due to the greater all around stability and the more machine-friendly nature of the OS. My Doom setup is WINE + ZDL Launcher + 3DGE, and it works like a charm. Slade and Eureka are also working wonderfully on it. I've got Back In Time running as well, and that is saving a system snapshot to 10 GB USB stick every few days. So, if another catastrophic crash happens, I'll rightfully have everything backed up to an external source, and we can avoid any further delays. Of course, I'm building the model pack from scratch again, so don't expect a release in the near future. I'm going to start with the monsters since that is where I left off before. I'll finish the monsters and HUD guns, then go back and redo everything else. I don't really want to give any timetables just yet, but I hope to get the next version released as soon as possible.