3DGE Model Pack v1.3

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
Sandstormer

Re: 3DGE Model Pack; 3HTP

Post by Sandstormer »

An update on the model pack:

So, I've decided to start over on the model pack and produce much higher quality models that take advantage of 3DGE's amazing capabilities. This will no doubt push the release date for v1.2 back further, but it will result in a much better model pack than what is currently available. You'll notice that I also put "3HTP" in the title of this thread. The 3HTP is a genuine project that is being worked on, as well. I'll share some (Extremely) early pics of the 3HTP with you. Keep in mind, that these are still being worked on at the moment:

Doom1 Sky1 along with Nukage [WIP]:

Doom1 Sky3 [WIP]:

Doom1 Sky4 along with Nukage [WIP]:

Doom2 Sky1 [WIP]:

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Ahh... some classic doomage for 3dge! Love it! I've always had hellishly warm feelings for sky3, and the transition levels for doom2 are my favs, heh, I like them better than the hell levels themselves really.

Keep us posted on your progress.

BD
The banlist has been updated successfully.

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Those new skies look SICK! I love that afternoon/overcast feel they have, it takes me back to Dooming on the PSX! Great work, please continue forward with this! Looking at the nukage, will there be additional frames with extended tics?
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Thanks! I'm definitely planning on taking some liberties here and there, and extended animated flats are in the cards. The bulk of my focus at this point is on getting the new models ready for v1.2, but I will definitely show the progress that is made with the 3HTP.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

I thought that I'd share an early image of the shotgun model that I've made from scratch. Keep in mind that it is nowhere near finished, as I haven't even added in the weapon arms yet. It won't offset to the side of the screen, either. I just adjusted the MODEL_SIDE value in the Weapons.DDF to get a better view of the overall weapon as I work on it.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Awesome! Highly 'shotgunny' classical feel by the looks of it. don't change the texture, it's perfect. Was playing last night thinking about all the little touches and improvements that could be made with models that other model packs miss, especially with those 2 framed animated side textures, switches and so forth.
If Corbin would release the code for the upward spawning lie-flat blood stain, you'd really have a treat. Might have his own plans for that code though.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Thanks! I'm working on the weapon arms and they're nearly complete. The only thing that I'm going to do with the textures is make them HD in Gimp so that they have a cleaner and more crisp look to them. I'd absolutely love it if Corbin implemented the upward spawning lie-flat blood stain! Perhaps in a future point release. I know that the team is busy with several projects at the moment.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Progress Report: All weapon meshes are finished. I'm just tweaking them and painting the UV/Texture Maps at the moment. Here are a few renders of the weapons. Note: Not all of them are textured at the moment, and I'll probably alter them some more to cut down on unnecessary tris.

Chainsaw (Not Textured):

Pistol (Placeholder Texture):

Shotgun (Placeholder Texture):

Super Shotgun (Placeholder Texture):

Chain Gun (Not Textured):

Rocket Launcher (Not Textured):

Plasma Rifle (Not Textured):

BFG 9000 (Not Textured):

Fist is pending because I want to rework the weapon arms.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Mesh test for the fist. Texture is a temp texture used for animation testing (thank god because it is butt ugly, lol!)

*Note: I redid the weapon arms due to the fact that they used too many tris. They were super detailed (I even sculpted the individual knuckles), but they would probably lead to slow down in game when there are a ton of monsters on screen and/or dynamic lights.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

3HTP Update:

Water and grass test:

Ceiling Flat Test: