3DGE64 [WIP]

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
taufan99

Re: 3DGE64 [WIP]

Post by taufan99 »

VVL on Doomworld posted a working mirror of this mod.

RUNSABER

Re: 3DGE64 [WIP]

Post by RUNSABER »

I appreciate the interest in everyone keeping up with these old versions - there are vast significant changes in the newer version to help improve framerates and make DDF code easier to run. One of those things being:

Proper flames for torches: they no longer SPAWN things over and over. Torch things now require a player to be in their POINT OF VIEW and ATTACKRANGE for the torches to start the fire.

Better Palette Usage: previous versions used a palette from Super Doom 64 which can make certain sprites appear muddy and too dark.

PNG Sprite Inclusion: Enemies, items, decorations and weapons have PNG extensions now.

Proper Enemy Scaling: enemies appeared too big or too small. Now there should be a better arrangement of scaling for enemies - including the Cyberdemon

Split Screen/Deathmatch is scrapped in favor of Custom PVE modes: no more fiddling with that. Skirmish/Invasion is where its at.

All we are waiting for on my end as far as EDGE64 are the levels. If you are interested in playtesting the maps, please sign up here. I will require player updates on discord, via PM or you can report bugs in this thread. Its 2020 and time to get this out folks!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

RUNSABER

Re: 3DGE64 [WIP] 90% Completion

Post by RUNSABER »

Project has been updated on Page 1!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.