From Coraline

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.
3rd_3ye
Community Manager

From Coraline

Postby 3rd_3ye » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 pm

From Zdoom

: EDGE 2.1.0 Discussion [RC-1 Released on 10.3.2018]
Postby Coraline » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:40 am
Are you asking about a 3D model tutorial? I've actually been working on one, and also has documentation on GL3-only features such as specular and normal mapping.

As for those, find them in any format - I've also been cooking up a 3D model conversion tutorial. I'm sure it will also apply to other ports, at least logically speaking, mostly for GZDoom.

Just a quick note: releasing EDGE 2.1.0 RC2 shortly which has a host of bug fixes, and changes DDF on-disk semantics slightly (all DDF folders will now reside in a folder called /base/).

For those of you that found COAL complicated, look up any QuakeC tutorial - the generalized idea is the same. Also, I'm really trying to put work into the existing COAL docs on the EdgeWiki. What exactly if you don't mind, is overly complicated? In the same vein, any suggestions to make it easier to read/comprehend? Because we are in light talks with complimenting the existing DDF/RTS into COAL.

Feedback welcome :-)
Coraline
3DGE Developer

The banlist has been updated successfully.

RUNSABER

Re: From Coraline

Postby RUNSABER » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am

Honestly wished members and devs would use this forum more. Everything is so scattered and unorganized. Some people still cant get the engine running on their computers (me included).
- Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Return to “General Discussion”