Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod) v0.6

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
RUNSABER

Re: Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod) v0.3

Postby RUNSABER » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Absolutely - its all understandable. Discord is basically a chat for gamers and has different servers for different games like League of Legends, Overwatch, Fortnite, etc. I use it for Pokemon Go and Doom. You can either download the smartphone app or use your computer. I'm always in the #zdoom server as that's where 3DGE channels are as well. I recommend you get one, that way we can always be in touch over the minor things.

I also apologize for your struggles, friend - alcohol ironically is plentiful for the harm it can do, and most jobs with good pay dont allow the use of marijuana or other things to help, so most of the time cracking open a cold one is the go-to. Ive never struggled with it, but if you need a buddy I got you.

As far as stages go, I'm doing everything completely freestyle - nothing is planned other than to make use of the engine's features and throw scripting in for a nice experience. You dont need to do much to help. If you play another adventure game and like the ideas in it, pitch those ideas. I'm looking to throw something out thats playable every couple of levels I complete. Hopefully that is enough for testing and previews!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

RUNSABER

Postby RUNSABER » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:39 am

I'm moving quite well on progress, and finally figured how hubs work by accident. I think you should see this!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/2ctLvTHTKMQ[/youtube]
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

CeeJay

Postby CeeJay » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:07 am

That's totally awesome, please please keep working on it. Something like this could really be beneficial for the engine. If you need anything level-related in the base mod (weapons, enemies, enemy variations, etc.) outside of the stock stuff just let me know. BTW, what's up with the horrible picture quality?

I got a new computer up and running, and it appears to play 3DGE much better than my last one. Just need to get used to a few things first, strange quirks and whatnot. Keep me posted.

CeeJay

Re: Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod) v0.6

Postby CeeJay » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:43 am

Updated with added secondary attacks for weapons along with lots of tweaks and improvements throughout. The Dragon Sword still only has a primary attack and the Vorpal Blades secondary attack is charged up by killing enemies with its primary attack.

Enjoy!

Return to “Mods/Projects”