DOOM Forever issue

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
CeeJay

DOOM Forever issue

Post by CeeJay »

After a brief to long play with DOOM Forever the engine crashes, this would happen with previous versions and it appears to happen with the latest build too. It seemingly crashes at random and does so every time. How long it takes before it happens differs each and every playthrough. After the recent crash, this is the last entry of the debug.txt: "Weakness_CheckHit: target=[DEMON] classes=0x00000010".

It pains me and makes updates to this mod rather pointless. A shame since this is a really good one and plays briliantly with the recent builds of 3DGE.

Any help would be beneficial. Thank you.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: DOOM Forever issue

Post by Corbachu »

I'm going to play through Doom Forever with the debugger on, to see where exactly it's failing. I seem to remember this issue and I don't know if we had corrected it or not.

Regardless, I'll keep a lookout for it =D
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Does the Demon have a weakness class? Or Is it the attack vs mobj? I can't take a look until tonight, but usually that means it's a bogus weakness check. I haven't ran into the issue yet, but it seems whatever weapon attack you were using against the Demon is what caused it.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Ive never run into these issues yet because I had the chance to sit down and play as of yet (Mardi Gras parades in Louisiana + iPhone binge) but like Coraline said could be the weakness check. I have not used the Immune/Weakness parameters yet but they appear to be partnered with the Spider Mastermind as she is immune to most explosive splash damage. Do you get the issue in 2.0.4? I know thats the stable build, and although these newer builds are KICK ASS you may have play on those.. Actually that was the build I played Doom 4Ever on aside from 1.36 and it ran very well :)
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Coraline wrote:Does the Demon have a weakness class? Or Is it the attack vs mobj? I can't take a look until tonight, but usually that means it's a bogus weakness check. I haven't ran into the issue yet, but it seems whatever weapon attack you were using against the Demon is what caused it.
All monsters have weakness class (headshot) but I wasn't encountering a demon at the time, or even engaging in combat at all (last time it happened was when I was opening a door in E2M4). It appears to happen around the start of a map. Weird thing is I use weakness class in other mods and there it works just fine. Duke it Out in Doom and Immoral Conduct 2 both uses weakness classes and I haven't had any problem with those two mods.

EDIT: Scratch that, I remember it happening once way after the start of the map.

Return to “Support and Help”