Any 4x fans here?

Talk about whatever you want!
SexyXeno

Any 4x fans here?

Post by SexyXeno »

4x is my favorite genre.

4X games are a genre of strategy video game in which players control an empire and "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate". Alpha Centauri is a great example of such a game. I still play it too! Another long time favorite of mine is the original Age of Wonders. Its not 4x but more of a traditional turn based strategy game. The first Galactic Civilizations also is a very excellent time waster. I have to limit myself when I play these games because if I'm not careful I will waste the entire day on them...

If anyone has these games. (PM if you don't) I'm always ready for a match through Hamachi if you can't figure out how to open up ports on your router. :D More recently I found a group dedicated to playing legacy machines and multiplayer games like Mechwarrior 2 the old fashion way. If only I had enough time for gaming.....

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sid-meiers-alpha-centauri
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/g ... ilizations
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/age-of-wonders

SexyXeno

Re: Any 4x fans here?

Post by SexyXeno »

:cry: No fans here...

cmaster.matso

Post by cmaster.matso »

Good old CIVs ;)
Code and pray! (DO NOT FOLLOW THIS LINK)

SexyXeno

Post by SexyXeno »

Space Empires IV is my latest time waster. :)

ChillyWilly

Post by ChillyWilly »

I used to play "Empire" on the Amiga. They're not my favorite genre... I prefer racing games, and then first or third person shooters.
Not really dead, just pining for the fjords.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

ChillyWilly wrote:not my favorite genre... I prefer racing games, and then first or third person shooters.
So you must have liked RAGE? ;)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

ChillyWilly

Post by ChillyWilly »

Corbin wrote:
ChillyWilly wrote:not my favorite genre... I prefer racing games, and then first or third person shooters.
So you must have liked RAGE? ;)
Yeah, but don't get a whole lot of time to play it. :cry:

I still like playing the original Doom... and Wolf3D for that matter. I like the first Ridge Racer. I love Twisted Metal 1 and 2... it combined my two favorite things into one! :lol:

Currently, I play a lot (relatively speaking) of Burn Out: Paradise City. Not even competing, just driving around the city and seeing where I can go and what I can do. 8-)
Not really dead, just pining for the fjords.

Return to “Chitchat³”