3DGE 2.1.0-Test3 DevBuilds (DRDTeam)

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.
CeeJay

Re: 3DGE 2.0.3 Released!

Post by CeeJay »

The game freezes when I quit (most of the time, not always) and I am ultimately forced to do a manual reboot of the system. It is quite tedious, the other day when I was trying to get it to work I must have rebooted my system around ten times total.

I will probably give it another go, but for now I feel more comfortable sticking to 2.0.3.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

That is very, very weird. None of the startup or shutdown code was touched, just simple patches for interpolation and more smaller fixes - it is the same codebase as 2.0.3.

What hardware setup are you running? I already know you use Vista. I am just trying to figure out what is happening here.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Gets even weirder. Now it seemingly works just fine for me, I've started and quit the game 11 times with it shutting down successfully. Could possibly have been other programs causing conflict somewhere.

The only difference I've done is set r_vsync to "2".

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: 3DGE 2.0.4 Released!

Post by Corbachu »

CeeJay wrote:The only difference I've done is set r_vsync to "2".
Makes a ~big~ difference though! =)

Sounds like external programs might have mucked things up. .

How is it running now? Hopefully better than 2.0.3!
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Hey, Chu - dropping a line on new version: I love the new enhancements that complement the engine's front along with many of the smooth under-the-hood improvements!! Unfortunately, I have to remain at 2.0.3 due to my computer catching a significant slowdown from using both the 3DGE & SSE programs. It's not the programs, but the inevitable truth that my hardware isnt up to par. I can still play using the newer releases but I'd rather not and keep my 25-30 FPS non-interpolated smoothness and speed. So long as I can play the game and mod for it, I am not bothered by this at all :) Thank you for working very hard on this release!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

RUNSABER wrote:Hey, Chu - dropping a line on new version: I love the new enhancements that complement the engine's front along with many of the smooth under-the-hood improvements!! Unfortunately, I have to remain at 2.0.3 due to my computer catching a significant slowdown from using both the 3DGE & SSE programs. It's not the programs, but the inevitable truth that my hardware isnt up to par. I can still play using the newer releases but I'd rather not and keep my 25-30 FPS non-interpolated smoothness and speed. So long as I can play the game and mod for it, I am not bothered by this at all :) Thank you for working very hard on this release!
Why don't you use 2.0.4, but set 'r_lerp 0', and 'r_maxfps 35'? It should work just the same. ^_^
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Gave it a shot again, and it didnt change the situation. I also closed other programs that may have requested memory. It's honestly my computer like I said and the only way to keep afloat regardless is to invest in better hardware. Until then I'll keep mapping and writing definitions with 2.0.3. I speculate many changes and improvements from here involve many cosmetic and technical advancements to further mainstream the engine's 3d capabilities in the upcoming releases. So long as I can use the engine I don't mind being left behind ^_^

Also, is it possible to record demos in 3DGE?
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Heads up - I am releasing a test version of 2.1.0 later tonight (2.1.0 TEST-1).

It uses SDL2, and all video sync and lerp code is all fixed up. We have also made important math calls for angles much more simplified and faster, so there should be a noticeable speed boost. Also, bindable keys have been fixed in the menu options so they should be assignable without issue (missing KEYD_Delete all this time).

There are a few issues with this upcoming test:

1) Console: shift+key does not register in the console, so cvars are broken (just go into the CFG and change them).

2) resolution changing in-game is broken. Use the CFG to change res, or the -width and -height commandline flags.

3) multiplayer menu is implemented, but is not selectable yet.

4) boom maps might act wonky - logic to handle them is being beefed up.

Anyways, it is only to test out. No SSE2 or SIMD stuff in this test, so dont worry about not being able to run it.

Look for the drop later tonight!! :-)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

RESISTANCE_CLASS appears to be broken in 2.0.4. :cry:

The Shrink Ray in Duke It Out in Doom utilities this function, now it barely works.

EDIT: Nevermind, my bad. Something screwy going on with the projectiles, I'll have it fixed. Sorry.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

No worries!

Got me scared for a sec since we refactored some DDF math, but then realized that will be available in 2.1.0 :-P
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ