3DGE 2.1.0-Test3 DevBuilds (DRDTeam)

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.
CeeJay

Re: 3DGE 2.0.4 Final Released (4.26.2016)

Post by CeeJay »

How about adding an autosave feature?

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Absolutely -- funnily enough, I've been planning the reverse - auto-loading upon death (I don't remember who suggested this idea..), but I think an autosave feature can be feasible, seeing as how HUB traversal auto-saves with the linetype.

What I can do is copy the struct, and strip out everything but the part where it auto-saves. The problem though is having it show up in the Save/Load sub-menus, but Chilly and myself are planning on re-writing the entire menu/options/save/load entirely, so I will see what I can get away with right now. If not now, then we will definitely mark it as a to-do when we get to that point ;)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I don't like the idea of auto-loading. It should, however, open up the load menu upon death where the player can chose which slot to load, if at all. By default the cursor should go to the last auto-save. Pretty sure this is how it usually functions in most games.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I'm starting to feel like the guy who always moans about the sound but I am experiencing a rather massive dip in quality from 2.0.4 Final to test 1. I checked the sound settings but they were the same as the what I have on my 2.0.4 copy. Thought I'd through that out there.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Hmm, what kind of sound card do you have?

I tried to listen between versions and compare, but I could hear no differences. The only sound option that was added in 2.1+ was OPL playback for MUS/MIDI.

Your "sound factor" is on Normal, right?
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Yamaha, something or another. I'm using basic Windows drivers for it, so I don't exactly know unless I open my machine.

The quiet factor is set to normal, if that's what you mean.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Okay. 8 or 16 bit, and at what frequency? I am assuming you are using the max values here though...

In this case, even though its gonna suck to hear me say it -- I will need a video from you with the audio clear so I will have a better idea of what you are experiencing and how I could solve it. Since this seems like an isolated case, I will need as much information and a recorded video from you.

I would also very much appreciate if you could run 'dxdiag' from the Run menu and send me the report that it builds -- that way I can get your exact sound card/driver information.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Sample rate 22050Hz, 16 bit Stereo. Exact same settings as I have with 2.0.4 Final, actually just copied the config file. The stock DOOM sounds come off as decent (still not good) but when I load a mod with custom sounds it sounds awful.

I can't not record video footage, sorry. I seem to be unable to record internal sound too, will look further into it though. I've send you the DxDiag report for now.
Last edited by CeeJay on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Got it! I saw you are using Intel HD integrated audio. Do you have the chipset drivers loaded for your laptop? If not, do that first as not having the actual chipset details can cause odd issues.

Second, see if there is a newer version of your HD Audio driver.

Third, try tinkering with sound acceleration, here is a link:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/18853 ... in7-solved
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Okay. Been trying to update my drivers for awhile now but so far I've been unable to do so. It just freezes whenever I try to do a search. I hate Vista.