Help setting up splitscreen play?

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
Tairetsu

Help setting up splitscreen play?

Post by Tairetsu »

Hi! bit of a newie with this, I've been trying to find a way to play Doom on splitscreen with some friends and this source ports seemed like really the only possible way to do it with more than 2 players at the same time, but I've been having a bit of problem setting it up.

For one thing I can't figure out how to map joystick buttons to game actions other than movement, but more importantly, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate the splitscreen mode, if it's even possible in the newest version of the project, I'm not sure where I should write the "-splitscreen" command, clearly not on the command line, but the EDGE2.txt file doesn't seem to be it either, so I was hoping some of you guys could help me out with this :) thanks in advance.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Help setting up splitscreen play?

Post by Corbachu »

Starting with "-splitscreen" in the command line should start a game with two-players -- you will need to start a normal game, then it should be in multiplayer mode =)

2.1.0 Test2 recently rectified this by having a functional Multiplayer menu in-game, to start a splitscreen game from...I will release it tomorrow, I promise =) ^^

In the meantime, using the command line parameter should work just fine!
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Tairetsu

Post by Tairetsu »

I'm not really sure where that command should be tho :roll: If I try to type into the command line while ingame it doesn't recognize it as a command no matter how I spell it, and the only other ideas I had was to try and put it on the edge2.txt file or the config file, but neither of them seemed to do the trick either :(

Regardless, it's not an urgent matter, so I'll wait for the newer release to come out, no rush :)

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Just create a shortcut to the executable, and in the target path, which should look like:

"C:\blahblah\3DGE\3DGE.exe"

You would change it like this:

"C:\blahblah\3DGE\3DGE.exe" -splitscreen

Starting it from that shortcut will give the desired result ;)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Tairetsu

Post by Tairetsu »

Oh! danm it, I feel really dumb now :P It didn't even ocurred to me...it worked :) is there any way to put it up to 3 or more players? I imagine we can connect trough LAN and play with 2 people in each computer.

Return to “Support and Help”