Tips for COALHUD building

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
RUNSABER

Tips for COALHUD building

Post by RUNSABER »

I'm having a bit trouble working with COAL without trying to remove bits of code from a dummy definition to understand it. Just a few questions:
How is it possible to have the ammunition count show up for certain weapon types? Sometimes the counter goes away and that is troublesome.

How is it possible to remove the mini ammo count?

Is it possible to center ammo or health a la Doom 64 style?

How do I integrate PNGs into COAL to create more dynamic custom HUDs like Doom Ultimate Visor, Super Skulltag HUD, Metroid HUD and others?

Sorry if this is a bit vague as I'm creating this topic from mobile, so do be easy on me! Thank you!
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Sandstormer

Re: Tips for COALHUD building

Post by Sandstormer »

I'm curious about COAL, as well. I've tried looking at the old EDGE forums and within some wads that use Coal extensively, but it is still not quite clicking for me. I would love to do a Visor HUD as a side project.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Won't make any promises folks, but rudimentary, hexen style acs has made the rounds again with the coders. It was bound to happen one day, just not sure today's the day. :?
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

http://3dfxdev.net/edgewiki/index.php/COAL

I will get back to you about how images interface with it shortly (when im not at work haha).
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Thanks, Coraline :D

Return to “Support and Help”