Running HERETIC.WAD

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
RUNSABER

Running HERETIC.WAD

Post by RUNSABER »

Does the Heretic definitions only work for the original HERETIC, or would it require the Serpent Riders expansion in order to fully utilize those definitions? Even with loading it alongside HERFIX.WAD, I cannot get it to function correctly for the life of me. Any pointers on where to begin getting it to work?
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Running HERETIC.WAD

Post by Corbachu »

Running Heretic.wad alongside Herfix.wad? I've ran it with both versions and they function just fine.

Support is partial because there is no inventory support yet, other than that, it should function just fine.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

The levels load well, yet the sprites are all placeholders, question marks.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

Are you running with Heretic.bat? Also, what version of Heretic? Should work with all versions. Some things will be missing, but nothing in the game world. Verify and get back to me :)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Okay, ran this up using heretic.bat and found out the .bat file had a old string coded into it that didn't work for my 3dge. So I changed it from "edgenew" to 3dge.exe and it loaded up in no time. Man, is Heretic pretty on 3dge - it ran very smoothly with all of the features and filters enabled. The items may not work based on the inventory system, yet it's pretty unique in it's own right to have immediate benefits upon picking up a power-up or health potion. Now that I've gotten this work, I would like to see what kind of trouble I can get into under the hood! ^_^

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

I will fix this and upload the batch for anyone who's running into problems with HERETIC.

I know, it looks really unique and pretty in 3DGE =)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Return to “Support and Help”