freedoom elevator map1

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
3rd_3ye
Community Manager

freedoom elevator map1

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Hi, anyone else seeing a void at the bottom of the elevator of freedoom's map1?

EDIT, Funny what gets by autocorrect and what doesn't.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Sandstormer

Re: freedoom elevator map1

Post by Sandstormer »

Freedoom 1 or Freedoom 2? Freedoom 1 randomly crashes whenever I try to run it in 3DGE. It might have something to do with the line types. Freedoom 2 runs more stable in 3DGE for me, but when I play map 07 it crashes when I walk through the door to the room with the spider demon. I might need to download that 3DGE Freedoom version that is on Moddb eventually.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Sandstormer wrote:Freedoom 1 or Freedoom 2? Freedoom 1 randomly crashes whenever I try to run it in 3DGE. It might have something to do with the line types. Freedoom 2 runs more stable in 3DGE for me, but when I play map 07 it crashes when I walk through the door to the room with the spider demon. I might need to download that 3DGE Freedoom version that is on Moddb eventually.
I would guess freedoom2, as that's the iwad it's supposed to stand in for. It might be 1 though as it does start with an episode structure. Edge had few if any issues with freedoom.

There's a freedoom just for 3dge?

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

When I run Freedoom2.wad (and warp to MAP07) I get a segfault. In Debug.txt, I noticed:
S_CacheLoad: [BSPSIT]
WARNING: Sound Load: weird frequency: 0 Hz
ERROR: Unexpected internal failure occurred!
This could be related to the last cached sound effect being played, in this case, BSPSIT. I'll look at it.

Try and provide some screenshots (voids, areas that crash, etc) so it'll take me less time to diagnose the errors ;)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

All apologies for the laziness but I'm not up for another battle with imgur. The screens are in a 7zip. Should be about 477kb.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/iluqgk9 ... omshots.7z

Shot 3 is the map1 freedom 2 wad as it appears in 3dge 2.0, the shot shows the elevator without issue. Shot 8 Is taken from me after I fell through the elevator floor using 3dge2.0.1

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Goldeneye Doom comes packaged with an Edge specific version of Freedoom 2. I haven't gotten around to actually trying it yet, though.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Sandstormer wrote:Goldeneye Doom comes packaged with an Edge specific version of Freedoom 2. I haven't gotten around to actually trying it yet, though.
I'm not sure how specific to Edge that particular iwad is. It's basically freedoom 07 or even 06 with a lot of custom sprites for goldeneye. If you want a fire storm on your hands, replace half the sprites with models from that source multiplayer port.
Somehow steam gets away with hosting it.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

I don't care for the way they turned out, but seeing as imgur is cooperating halfway, we won't be asking questions.

EDIT so... when I hit COPY...imgur does not copy to the clip board? why the pop up menu then? Looks like your stuck with the zip.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

3rd_3ye wrote:
Sandstormer wrote:Goldeneye Doom comes packaged with an Edge specific version of Freedoom 2. I haven't gotten around to actually trying it yet, though.
I'm not sure how specific to Edge that particular iwad is. It's basically freedoom 07 or even 06 with a lot of custom sprites for goldeneye. If you want a fire storm on your hands, replace half the sprites with models from that source multiplayer port.
Somehow steam gets away with hosting it.
Hmm, I see. It was sure advertised that way, lol! I think there is a lot of stuff in Freedoom that may cause weird glitches in 3DGE.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Corbin wrote:When I run Freedoom2.wad (and warp to MAP07) I get a segfault. In Debug.txt, I noticed:
S_CacheLoad: [BSPSIT]
WARNING: Sound Load: weird frequency: 0 Hz
ERROR: Unexpected internal failure occurred!
This could be related to the last cached sound effect being played, in this case, BSPSIT. I'll look at it.

Try and provide some screenshots (voids, areas that crash, etc) so it'll take me less time to diagnose the errors ;)
My apologies, I meant Map06 when you enter the room where the spider demon is on the platform. As soon as I walk through the door, the game crashes with a message that says "unhandled exception". My stderr and stdout don't show anything at all, which is quite weird. I IDCLEV'd to Map07 to test it out and the game crashes as soon as the platform rises, but this doesn't even give me an error message, an stderr, or an stdout. It just goes to the desktop as though I've quit the game. I'm guessing that it is a Freedoom thing that doesn't quite translate to 3DGE.