Splitscreen

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
Corbachu
Site Admin

Splitscreen

Post by Corbachu »

1.36 introduced a new feature called "Splitscreen play", which would theoretically allow two (or more if defined properly) players on a single machine "network" through their favorite EDGE mods together. While Ajapted generously wrote this code for 3DGE, I was planning on fixing the secondary input functions and allow key bindings. I was heavily writing code for the Dreamcast platform thus I focused solely on Joystick support for player 2 and not the keyboard. However, this patch never made it in and my knowledge sort of "wained" in regards to the port.

Has anyone taken any interest in this feature? I know in creating it, it introduced a lot of bugs, namely Benefits in EDGE mods, but I never properly finished it because of a lack of interest.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Re: Splitscreen

Post by 3rd_3ye »

We know doom legacy also uses the split screen feature. I think the code should be released as is, if only to make it available to future edge modders or even other ports.

Just my 10 cents.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Re: Splitscreen

Post by Corbachu »

I am Locutus wrote:We know doom legacy also uses the split screen feature. I think the code should be released as is, if only to make it available to future edge modders or even other ports.

Just my 10 cents.
The splitscreen code? It was included in 1.36D. I've made very little changes since then.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Return to “Support and Help”