RTS via Lines

Are you experiencing a problem? Maybe you can't get your scripts to do what you need, or are frustrated by a feature you just can't seem to get working? Let us know about it here and we will try our best to help you out!
CeeJay

RTS via Lines

Post by CeeJay »

I am trying to get a line trigger to activate a script in RTS using the RADIUS_TRIGGER special (ENABLE_TAGGED or DISABLE_TAGGED) for LINES.DDF. I've read the available docs and tried it numerous times but with no succes. I just don't get it. Is it broken?

Say, I want to make the DOOM line trigger #11 (exit level switch) activate a script (RTS), how would I go about accomplishing that?

RUNSABER

Re: RTS via Lines

Post by RUNSABER »

Hi friend and welcome to the forum, glad youre giving EDGE a go!

You will need to set your exit line of choice to use the Activate RTS Line Special in order to run your scripts. This can be a shootable, usable or passable trigger. Also make sure to set the tag to the number of the script you have tagged via RTS (TAG 11). If you have assigned a tagged number to a script that is not being currently on the map, the trigger should call RSCRIPT in DDF and run the code. You may have to have your script appear like this:

Code: Select all

START_MAP MAP01

RADIUS_TRIGGER 20 20 128

TAG 11
BLOCK_LINES 15
UNBLOCK_LINES 16

END_RADIUS_TRIGGER

END_MAP
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Update, I've had trouble with this in previous experimentations, so I believe RTS 2.0 is broken
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

RUNSABER wrote:Update, I've had trouble with this in previous experimentations, so I believe RTS 2.0 is broken
I need an example map of the issue at hand, please :)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

RUNSABER wrote:Hi friend and welcome to the forum, glad youre giving EDGE a go!
Well, I'm hardly new to the scene but thanks all the same :D

I've tried creating a script with the tag 11, but it did not work. The line trigger just ended up non-functionable.

So what is "BLOCK_LINES 15" and "UNBLOCK_LINES 16" all about? I don't recognise those commands.

Return to “Support and Help”