[3DGE]Shadow Dancer (Proof of Concept)

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
RUNSABER

[3DGE]Shadow Dancer (Proof of Concept)

Post by RUNSABER »

Shinobi: Shadow Dancer

This is simply a proof of concept WAD to showcase the idea of Sega's Shinobi casting in a 3D world. Growing up, I thoroughly enjoyed playing Shadow Dancer and Shinobi III on the Sega Genesis. Down the line, I even enjoyed their first 3D entry for the PS2. In this Doomified ninja-packed action game, the goal is simple. Use shurikens and your sword as Hayate to destroy the enemies. So far, only item sprites (Created by me), the sword (Japanese Community Project) and the shuriken (Shadow Dancer Arcade sprites ripped from MAME by hand) are available. No ninjas or damage allocation is available. If anyone wants to further build on this project, feel free to download and have fun with it. I originally planned to include ninjas, 3D levels split into separate acts, bosses and a bonus game level, but it just sits on my drive while I prioritize other things. Here are two more screenshots.

DL: https://ufile.io/term1 (deletes after 30 days)
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

CeeJay

Re: [3DGE]Shadow Dancer (Proof of Concept)

Post by CeeJay »

Interesting. I've made a couple of attempts at creating a Ninja/Samurai themed mod myself, but they ended up shelved due to my limited understanding of the concept and realisation that at the end of the day, I prefer guns. Even got pretty far with one mod.

Return to “Mods/Projects”