DAMNED - [RELEASED]

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
RUNSABER

DAMNED - [RELEASED]

Post by RUNSABER »

Introducing DAMNED.. when being DOOMED isnt enough.

Tested via 3dge 2.0.2 w/ BTSX E1, AZGTHTH, NDCP, Riot Control, LONGWAD, Claustrophobia 1024, Crimson Canyon, Baker's Maps, Memento Mori, REQUIEM

DAMNED is a gameplay mod created to enhance the definitive experience DOOM in it's raw nature provides. The mod aims to enhance Doom by adding random spawners to the sandbox that allows for an even more addictive arcade adventure. Including the original roster of enemies and weapons, DAMNED adds an addition slew of weapons which complement the originals to slay the opposition with fierce determination. As time goes on, the mod will be buffed out to improve content.

FEATURES:
-17+ weapons for you to wield!
-5 armor types to collect, including the SHIT armor!
-Rare monster counterparts that spawn in place of the originals!
-A variety of items, from lesser to greater bonuses!
-Support Characters! Touch Assist Spheres to call in help!
-Same old gameplay, different encounters, different ways to get fucked up and die!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
To Do List:

Weapons:
-Add functionality to the Divine BFG15K.
-Add secondary weapons such as Land Mines for proximity and mob control.

Monsters:
-Add variations into the mix of random monsters that spawn.

Items:
-Add LVL2 and LVL3 Backpack pickups to break Ammo Limit.

This was a mod created just for fun and to expand DDF skill. I can now create my own line of code with simple imagination. Thus this mod was born when I created a spawning system for Astral Pathfinder. It proved successful and I've taken the steps to make it better. Now that I have improved upon the spawning system, items, weapons and monsters now spawn more successfully and there is no longer a risk of missing that much needed Medikit or crucial weapon. You are now spared by the Guardians who did not give a shit about your luck in the previous code. :lol:

//**GAMEPLAY++UPDATE**\\
New improvements have been made for DAMNED and has updated to version 0.9

New Features
+Weapons have been updated: Rare weapons are now distinguishable after a successful drop. Rare ambient sound removed. (secretly crying for joy)
+Spawners have been IMPROVED and FIXED: Initial weapons have a higher chance of spawning statically and in item drops.
+Bonus items, health and armors are now rotating in the spawn pool. Players now have a rare chance of getting stronger stimpacks, greater health and defense bonuses along with damage-resisting red and yellow armors.
+Rockets now travel at a faster rate.
+New ammo sprites have replaced the stock sprites from v.01, and rare double clips are now thrown into the rotation.
+Archvile can now resurrect dead monster decorations (currently in testing with Imps only).
+Assault Shotgun now fires slightly faster and has a new triple-shell shotgun blast: use the secondary attack button to fire.
+Plasma Autorifle and it's states have been fixed.
+Railgun has a better trail and projectile effect.
+Decorations are now defined - barrels explode quickly due to shorter tics - bear this in mind. :!:
+Monsters are now defined and now bleed just a little LESS for performance purposes. In light of this, gibs have been REMOVED.
+Fist has a chance of executing a swift double-kick attack.
+Most powerups are now spheres, including the new Bloodsphere(Berserk), Clairvoyance(Light Goggs), Protection Sphere(Rad Suit), and Ultra Sphere(Partial Invisibility).
+The Ultra Sphere replaces the Invis Powerup, and gives +150HP while breaking the HP Limit. It's the only powerup capable of breaking the HP Limit.
+The Phantom Assault Rifle upgrades the machine gun, fires faster and is a tad stronger, but is balanced by reload states.
+Global RTS Scripts for key/skull pickups is now in effect.
+Hell Nobles now have an additional alternative attack.
+The Shit Armor :lol: gives +50 DEF, but can be stacked with other shit armor pickups and breaks the Defense Limit. It is the only armor capable of stacking and breaking the limit without picking up Sapphire, Topaz or Crimson armor.
+Brown Skulls are now in the rotation. Currently just a pickup, the final update will allow you to interact with the red column for Divine Armor pieces.
+Squashed a few hiccups and bugs.
+Fixed the Mastermind's attack loop.
+New HUD elements for powerups for presentation.
+Fireballs, some explosions, monster deaths, and other things generate particles. Blue is currently buggy.
+Super Grenade Launcher added into the arsenal.

Download Version 1 Release: http://db.tt/E2Ot1d41 Compressed @ 8MB UPDATED
Last edited by RUNSABER on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Official 3DGE64 Project Portal - Public Repository for 3DGE 64.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Re: DAMNED[GAMEPLAY MOD]

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Ohhh, aaaahh! This sounds intriguing! Tell me more about these spawners, will they be instant or will player get a warning? Will they be in the same location or will they be randomized in some fashion?
The banlist has been updated successfully.

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

I've lost my post three times from posting a long message which gets deleted due to my account timing out from responding. So, I'll make this brief:

Spawners replace the existing initial weapon definitions for their pickups, causing the weapon to be dropped immediately on spawn (start of map, on death, drop from enemy).

Each weapon has an individual spawner coded to spawn a common Doom weapon or a rare enhanced counterpart.

Weapons only spawn in their respective tiers. For example, a Rocket Launcher will not spawn in the place of a Shotgun, and bullet weapons can only spawn within their type and tier of weapon. If you find a Rocket Launcher, know that you potentially had a 5% chance to score a Twin-Launcher. If you find a Box of Ammo, there a chance you could get a bigger box instead of your stand stash of 50 bullets per box. The dynamics of the sandbox are altered to incorporate the element of spontaneous circumstances as a form of progressive entertainment.

Weapons dropped by enemies are affected by the spawner and their usual item drop. A Sergeant has a chance of dropping a Assault Shotgun, while you still end up with the common shotgun. Killing these guys in groups could increase your chances of getting a new weapon.

The Cyberdemon now has a chance of spawning a rocket launcher on death and alternatively a Twin Launcher.

Currently due to weird and strange behavior created from the code, the chances of you getting a Doom weapon are moderately high. Gaining and scoring the upgrades has a lower to rare chance of occurring in the sandbox, while there is the potential that you won't get nothing from the spawner at all. Unintentional and can be fixed if it causes balance issues, otherwise it adds more tension to think you're dashing for a shotgun only to find out it's not there.

The location of the spawns are inherent of their authors placement in a map. Everything is the same, however nothing is capable of being in one place all of the time. :)

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Oh, also here's a warning for you:

DO NOT RUN IN 3DGE WITH DOOM/ULTIMATE DOOM: YOU WILL HURT AT THE SIGNS OF A SAD SAD REVELATION

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

The BFG9K and it's Power Weapon tier slot has no additional weapons or upgrades at this time, but those weapons and more will have meaningful use and benefit in various ranges of close and long range functionality. The end goal is merging spontaneous progressive elements into the sandbox to be affected/influenced by, on top of creating a sort of Complex-style mod for 3DGE. I've been wanting to make a gameplay mod work in a similar style that pushes what I think I can do with this engine. So far, the spawner happens to be a good experiment and I can't stop playing it during test play :D

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

This really is a lot of fun to play ;)
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

//**GAMEPLAY++UPDATE**\\
New improvements have been made for DAMNED and has updated to version 0.3

New Features
+Weapons have been updated: Rare weapons are now distinguishable after a successful drop.
+Spawners have been updated: Initial weapons have a higher chance of spawning statically and in item drops.
+Bonus items, health and armors are now rotating in the spawn pool. Players now have a rare chance of getting stronger stimpacks, greater health and defense bonuses along with damage-resisting red and yellow armors.
+New ammo sprites have replaced the stock sprites from v.01.
+Archvile can now resurrect dead decorations (currently in testing with Imps only).
+Assault Shotgun now fires slightly faster and has a new triple-shell shotgun blast: use the secondary attack button to fire.
+Decorations are now defined - barrels explode quickly due to shorter tics - bear this in mind. :!:
+Monsters are now defined and now bleed just a little more for preying upon the damned.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
-Some items do not display a message when picked up
-Secondary weapons do not display an ammo count during use.

Upcoming Features/Development Ideas for v.05
+Grenades and Mines
+Monsters have a rare chance of going berserk when hit or experiencing pain.
+Friendlies have a chance of spawning berserk packs. Friendlies follow and support the player against enemies until it dies. Friendlies cannot be killed or hurt by the player. Has a chance of being a monster friendly or friendly human.
+Evil Eyes have a chance of attacking the player.
+Backpacks can increase carrying capacity by three times.
+Monsters are capable of becoming Nightmares that are immune to bullets and explosives. Energy weapons kill Nightmares to drop End Tools, weapons of nightmarish destruction.
+Archviles can summon Nightmares.
+Praying at certain columns will give you blessings.

Should work with 3DGE 1.36F+, though 2.0+ works fine is not greater than the previous renditions. Please report any bug fixes or strange phenomenon during gameplay. Reports help streamline quarantine times for bug sweeps and accurate improvements for the next update.

DOWNLOAD DAMNED VERS. 03:https://files.fm/u/dk33755z#/view/DAMNED_V03.wad

Sandstormer

Re: DAMNED [v0.3]

Post by Sandstormer »

I'm really enjoying this, Run! I like the RNG elements, and the blood is nice, too. I'm definitely looking forward to more 8-)

CeeJay

Re: DAMNED [v0.3]

Post by CeeJay »

This is really good, enjoyed it quite a bit. I liked the railgun effect, might take note.

Somethings I noticed:

The fist: When attacking there is a jittering effect going on with the idle frame before the punch
The fist: The puff makes ricochet sounds
Explosive super shotgun: There is green dynamic lighting just before the explosion

And lastly when I deselected the machinegun my mlook view jumped up. What's going on there?

Great work, fun and interesting weapons but needs a little polish I think.

RUNSABER

Re: DAMNED [v0.9BETA]

Post by RUNSABER »

//**GAMEPLAY++UPDATE**\\
New improvements have been made for DAMNED and has updated to version 0.9

New Features
+Weapons have been updated: Rare weapons are now distinguishable after a successful drop. Rare ambient sound removed. (secretly crying for joy)
+Spawners have been IMPROVED and FIXED: Initial weapons have a higher chance of spawning statically and in item drops.
+New ammo sprites have replaced the stock sprites from v.01, and rare double clips are now thrown into the rotation.
+Archvile can now resurrect dead monster decorations (currently in testing with Imps only).
+Railgun has a better trail and projectile effect.
+Monsters are now defined and now bleed just a little LESS for performance purposes. In light of this, gibs have been REMOVED.
+Most powerups are now spheres, including the new Bloodsphere(Berserk), Clairvoyance(Light Goggs), Protection Sphere(Rad Suit), and Ultra Sphere(Partial Invisibility).
+The Ultra Sphere replaces the Invis Powerup, and gives +150HP while breaking the HP Limit. It's the only powerup capable of breaking the HP Limit.
+The Phantom Assault Rifle upgrades the machine gun, fires faster and is a tad stronger, but is balanced by reload states.
+Global RTS Scripts for key/skull pickups is now in effect.
+Hell Nobles now have an additional alternative attack.
+The Shit Armor :lol: gives +50 DEF, but can be stacked with other shit armor pickups and breaks the Defense Limit. It is the only armor capable of stacking and breaking the limit without picking up Sapphire, Topaz or Crimson armor.
+Brown Skulls are now in the rotation. Currently just a pickup, the final update will allow you to interact with the red column for Divine Armor pieces.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
-Corona sprites are affected by their surrounding environment's ceiling height. Another method was tested (BUILTIN:QUADRATIC), but looks extremely ugly. Will be plausibly fixed in the final update when a solution is found.
-Secondary weapons do not display an ammo count during use. COAL_HUD will be updated.

Upcoming Features/Development Ideas for Version F(Final)
+Mines
+Monsters are capable of becoming Nightmares.
+Archviles can summon Nightmares.
+Praying at certain columns will give you blessings.

DOWNLOAD DAMNED V.09B:https://db.tt/eIabPdeb

Kinda pissed, because of the stupid timeout bug on this forums I lost my credits which included many of you for helping inspire me to create this mod.