Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.0)

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
CeeJay

Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.0)

Post by CeeJay »

An action-packed gameplay mod that puts you in the boots of the political incorrect but lovable ass-kicking macho-man Duke Nukem. Crammed full of of 80's/90's action movies stereotypes and pop culture references. Featuring an impressive arsenal of super deadly, sneaky and devastating weapons and a colorful and humorous ensemble of power-ups and pickups. Full of witty one-liners from Duke himself and plenty of blood, guts and gore. 8)

"ACTION 1" key activates Beer and "ACTION 2" key toggles Night-Vision (when these are available, see icons on the far right of the HUD).

Mod requires latest version of (Hyper)3DGE (formerly EDGE) and a Doom or Doom II IWAD. Mod is widescreen friendly.

Mod homepage (screenshots, reviews and downloads, etc.): http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-it-out-in-doom
Article/review by Leif Johnson: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/playin ... un-as-hell
Mention at PC Gamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/mods-bring-pokem ... ew-valley/
Modinformer review:
Spoiler:
Gameplay videos by Fox Favinger:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:
id Software
3d Realms
Apogee
Gearbox Software
TakeTwo Entertainment
Eurocom Entertainment
DoomNukem
Captain J.
Zrrion
DogBone Software
HMNuke93
Sergeant Mark IV
Kinsie
osjclatchford
JohnnyTheWolf (feedback & support)
Last edited by CeeJay on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 17 times in total.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Re: Duke it Out in Doom

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Hey cj! -great to see the dukester back on your radar! Haven't played yet as my browser doesn't like mediafire, but once I get it working I'm sure ot will be like old times.
The banlist has been updated successfully.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

You can download it from the MODdb page.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

I've been monitoring posts at other forums, a friendly word of advice if I may: If your first post instuctions are clear as to what port to use, you can safely ignore recomendations, suggestions, and even demands for a different port without being rude. It's the poster who makes such requests that is in fact the one being impolite, although possibly in innocence, seeing how wide spread z family usage is.

Think how quickly such suggestions are dismissed when the port in question is prboom+, and you'll start to understand.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

3rd_3ye wrote:I've been monitoring posts at other forums, a friendly word of advice if I may: If your first post instuctions are clear as to what port to use, you can safely ignore recomendations, suggestions, and even demands for a different port without being rude. It's the poster who makes such requests that is in fact the one being impolite, although possibly in innocence, seeing how wide spread z family usage is.

Think how quickly such suggestions are dismissed when the port in question is prboom+, and you'll start to understand.
Thanks for the advice. Someone at moddb actually tried to run it in GZDoom, even though I have it explicitly stated in two key areas that it requires 3DGE. That kind of thing really bugs me. I have a tendency to come off sounding rude, but that's partly because English isn't my first language.

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

In MODdb, change the game/engine to 3DGE, as we have an entry there. That way, there will be much less confusion.
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Coraline wrote:In MODdb, change the game/engine to 3DGE, as we have an entry there. That way, there will be much less confusion.
All I could find was EDGE by Two Tribes, no other EDGE and no 3DGE.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

http://www.moddb.com/engines/3dge

Had a helluva time finding it myself. Moddb has a crap search engine.

EDIT: I can't find a dl link on that page, I hope that it's just my unsmart phone.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

When I edit the mod all I get is a list of the game, and it won't accept 3DGE. I haven't seen a separate list for the engine.

EDIT: I am able to make a link to 3DGE with a download, but that's seems to be it.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

Okay, my first quick 3 map run through: I haven't replcated any of the armor pickup or pistol issues in this mod, but they are vaguely familiar from earier 3dge run throughs. Loving the animated load screens btw.