3DGE Model Pack v1.3

Feel like undertaking your own EDGE project/mod? Announce and discuss it here! You are also free to talk about past EDGE projects from the days of yonder.
Sandstormer

Re: 3DGE Model Pack; 3HTP

Post by Sandstormer »

Wow, do I feel like an idiot. Slayer226 is none other than Sir Juddington himself and I didn't put two and two together until now. So, I've gotten in contact with him via email and he has given me full permission to release the model pack on 3DGE. I've nearly finished tweaking everything and writing the readme.txt file, so expect the release of 3DGE Model Pack 1.0 very soon 8-) .

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

A most rewarding developement indeed! Bully and hazahs to you good sir!
This promises to be fun! :)
The banlist has been updated successfully.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Ok, so here is 3DGE Model Pack 1.0, AKA Vavoom Model Pack ported to 3DGE. Please leave feedback and tell me about any additional bugs that are encountered so that I can address them in 1.1. Thanks and enjoy:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9hgx ... ck+1.0.zip

Corbachu
Site Admin

Post by Corbachu »

I playtested this last night! Very cool, but I think there can be a few optimizations to the DDF's to get things like weapon timing/etc on spot, unless they are supposed to behave exactly like the originals. So far, the thing is running great in the newer versions of 3DGE!

Should make an announcement thread at Doomworld if you get the chance!
\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Awesome! Thanks, Corbin! I'm glad that you like it! I wrote the DDF's for the weapons so that they would sync up with the original XML's from the Vavoom pack, and I see exactly what you are saying with the timing. I'm working on a complete overhaul for the weapon models to address this along with the glitch and/or non-working muzzle flashes. I'm making the weapons faster and smoother at the moment, and they are becoming less Vavoomy and more 3DGEy.

I'm planning on making an announcement over at Doomworld. I've been a little hesitant because that crowd seems to absolutely despise 3D models in Doom. That, and I want to give people another reason to come over and support the 3DGE forum. I'll probably make a thread over there with a link that redirects over here, if it's okay.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

I'm planning on making an announcement over at Doomworld. I've been a little hesitant because that crowd seems to absolutely despise 3D models in Doom. That, and I want to give people another reason to come over and support the 3DGE forum. I'll probably make a thread over there with a link that redirects over here, if it's okay.
Why not post about it in the off topic section at zdoom? They've been far more supportive of migrant edgers over there, especially when contrasted with dw.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

That sounds good, 3Rd_EYE. I think I'll post it over there. I want to bring attention to this project, but I want it to be positive attention from people who would be genuinely interested in supporting both the project and 3DGE in general, not people who don't care for 3DGE and would automatically bash the idea of 3D models just because they are 3D models and not sprites.

Here is an update on V1.1 regarding the HUD shotgun model.

the updated shotgun for 1.1:

New shotgun reload

Last edited by Sandstormer on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

Muzzle flash test for the pistol. Progress is being made.

3rd_3ye
Community Manager

Post by 3rd_3ye »

I'm not sure if it's your positioning or the freedoom wad I play on but that's a lot of arm/gun showing on the shotty. Maybe pull it back and down?

Sandstormer

Post by Sandstormer »

It's definitely the positioning of the model and rest assured that I am working on it as we speak. Here is another update:

Muzzle flash on Pistol:

Shotgun model positioning (tell me if you'd like it to be moved even further back and down):