EDGE 1.35 : DONE and DUSTED

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
andrewj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

EDGE 1.35 : DONE and DUSTED

Postby andrewj » Sat 09 Apr 2011 12:05 pm

I'm pleased to announce that version 1.35 of EDGE is now available for download.

Highlights of this release:

+ wide screen support
+ DDF inheritance
+ weapon and automap key bindings
+ support for the HacX 1.2 IWAD
+ fixed a serious COAL bug

For a list of all changes, see here:

(if you get an error, try again later)

This release also marks the point where I, Andrew Apted, leave the EDGE project for good. Since I have been the sole developer of EDGE for quite a while, this means that development of EDGE is effectively over. I'd like to thank all the users and modders of EDGE for all their support and contributions to this project -- Cheers everybody!

Download Link:

Corbin

Postby Corbin » Sat 09 Apr 2011 10:25 pm

It's been a great ride. :D

Andrew, I'm thinking of releasing my minor fork of EDGE and keep building from there - would it be possible to set this up and release binaries with your permission on a different site (but link to the packages here at the forums)? I'll be calling it something different so people won't get the impression EDGE is continuing as-is.

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Sat 09 Apr 2011 10:42 pm

Edge was my first port of DOOM. I will always cherish it.
www.tragos2d.com
My personal website, blog and home of my ventures in the study of game design.

andrewj

Postby andrewj » Sun 10 Apr 2011 9:54 am

hungerfish

Postby hungerfish » Wed 13 Apr 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks Andrew, for all the hard work that you've done!
Edge is still my favorite doom-source-port and it wont be forgotten 8)
Call Apogee, Say "Aardwolf"!

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Tue 19 Apr 2011 11:20 pm

Good luck to you Andrew in your future endeavors!

You really pushed EDGE a lot further than any of us ever thought she'd go, and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say THANK YOU for sticking with it as long as you have!

P.S.
Also, apologies to you all for not being around here much (though I do drop in as a lurker once in a while). I guess I just quietly retired from the whole scene and didn't tell anyone ;)
As some of you know, I'm married with kids and have very limited free time, so these days whenever I have a moment I spend it playing games, since I realized sometime ago that I was spending more time modding than I was actually just enjoying gaming.

Anyway, who knows, one day I might actually get back into doing something with either EMUS (actually looked over the source code the other day to see where I left off!) or Lonely Meadows. Que ser? ser?...
, Lonely Meadows TC,
, DoomP.A.L.

Karnizero

Postby Karnizero » Wed 01 Jun 2011 6:25 pm

It's sad to know that EDGE development will stop here.

Anyway, good work you did, Andrew.
As Lobo told, good luck with your new future plans.

Return to “General Discussion”