Space Hulk TC / Space Crusade

Talk about stuff not related to EDGE.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

Would the Colonial Marines be able to handle an infestation of Genestealers?

Yes, effortlessly. Long as Gorman wasnt there.
No votes
Somewhat, with minor casualties.
25%
It would end with heavy casualties. and the surviving marines evacuating.
No votes
The marines would fall and become part of the Hive mind.
No votes
The Genestealers would tear through them easily and leave no survivers....
25%
They would hold them off until the 40k Space Marines arrived...
50%

Total votes: 4

Tragos

Space Hulk TC / Space Crusade

Postby Tragos » Mon 03 May 2010 8:22 pm

While browsing one of my archives I came across an old doom project of mine. The folders have various sources ripped from both versions of the pc game Space Hulk. I'm not sure where I was going with this, but it looks like I was trying to re-create the board game Space Crusade, but with elements blended from Space Hulk.... It's pretty bad, but it was one of my first over ambitious projects for Doom. I'm still quite fond of the concept. (AvM) Someone made a SpaceHulk TC for doom, but it leaves much to be desired...

It also appears I was exploring the possibility of using EDGE to create an over the top perspective game. ( Board game ) Here is a genestealer graphic I created from scratch. Which is much better than my IMP modification....

Terminators too!

I can see Games Workshop lawyers already waiting to pounce.
Last edited by Tragos on Thu 06 May 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.tragos2d.com
My personal website, blog and home of my ventures in the study of game design.

hungerfish

Postby hungerfish » Tue 04 May 2010 3:07 pm

I really liked the Space Hulk games (PC) at the time. Went back to them a while back and found them terribly hard...
Never played the board games though, but I've heard much praise for them from friends who've played them.

Anyhoot, a SpaceMarine/Hulk/Crusade-TC for Doom/Edge sure as hell would be really cool, though sadly in the past fan-projects based on the Warhammer franchise have always had a hard time with GW.

I've always wondered how on earth Blizzard managed to evade them with Starcraft(WH40K) and Warcraft(WH), because, lets face it, there are just soo many similarities to be found in there... :lol:
I mean, Terrans-Terra, Orks-and um Orks..Zerg-Tyrannids and so on...
Call Apogee, Say "Aardwolf"!

Liberation

Postby Liberation » Tue 04 May 2010 5:09 pm

Its not GW as such its those dicks at Relic, however w40k is not so bad its Spacehulk that relic own the rights to, thats the problem (as a spacehulk team found out) but changing little details or back storys etc solves that problem.

Space Crusade is a different kettle of fish thou, since it was more MB games/ hasbro and apart from Gremlin no other games company has taken it on. Thats the way forward and perhaps in time it might be worth a mention to the GW liscense department but not without ME!!!

Oh tragos i forgot, ive never shown you my spacehulk collection have I?? just waiting for the newest edition to my collection and i'll post a picture.

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Wed 05 May 2010 3:28 am

I'd love to see your collection Lib. :)

Btw, Starcraft was originally a 40k based game until GW pulled the plug at the last moment. As much as I love Space Hulk, the campaign around Space Crusade I find much more intriguing. Regular space marines against Orcs, Chaos, and Tryanids? How's that for an epic battle? I'm never able to kill the dreadnought, since I lose most of my heavy weapons early on in the game. Though my commander always seems to make a final valiant charge in close combat..... For the Emperor! LOL!

One thing I cant understand is why I drew the Terminator holding the Storm Bolter with two hands? After I practice a little more I might try drawing more sprites based off of tabletop mini's. <3
www.tragos2d.com

hungerfish

Postby hungerfish » Fri 07 May 2010 9:51 am

Call Apogee, Say "Aardwolf"!

Liberation

Postby Liberation » Fri 07 May 2010 4:47 pm

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Fri 07 May 2010 11:24 pm

www.tragos2d.com

Return to “Other Gunk”