Youtube and Google... WTF?

Talk about stuff not related to EDGE.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tragos

Youtube and Google... WTF?

Postby Tragos » Tue 20 Apr 2010 6:10 am

I've been researching a fix for this problem I've been having..... So far no luck.

I created a new youtube account awhile back: Tragos2d.
Last week I created a Gmail account of the same name. Now no matter what I do, I cannot get into my youtube account or ADD youtube to the products area on youtube. Should I just delete my Gmail account or would I also lose my new Youtube in the process? I need to unlink my youtube account, from my gmail if possible...

Anyone else have this problem???? I'm so pissed a google right now.
www.tragos2d.com
My personal website, blog and home of my ventures in the study of game design.

Karnizero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Karnizero » Tue 20 Apr 2010 9:36 am

I never had such problem.
But if you have to delete something, I think you should delete the GMAIL account, since the "Tragos2D" account is a representative name that people can remember easy, and creating another youtube "Tragosxxxxx" account will definitely confuse people about what's the real account.

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Wed 21 Apr 2010 4:04 am

From what Ive read about this problem, if I do that I will NEVER be able to get into my youtube account. If I try to log in, it just says "wrong" password no matter how many times I change it. Stupid google!
www.tragos2d.com

Corbin

Postby Corbin » Wed 21 Apr 2010 7:29 am

There should be a way to merge them. That's what I did with both my gmail (google) and youtube accounts.

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Wed 21 Apr 2010 3:44 pm

I agree. But they need to fix the bug which claims my password is wrong, thus denying me of access to my youtube account! :(
www.tragos2d.com

hungerfish

Postby hungerfish » Thu 22 Apr 2010 1:46 pm

I know that creating a youtube account can be a bit of a hassle, but I very much doubt that your problem is the result of a bug.

If you created you gmail-account AFTER your youtube account, you will have had to supply a different email adress.
So, you should be able to 'retrieve' that password, or issue a new one, just like with forums and such things...

DON'T delete your youtube account, because if you do, the name will remain taken for at least a month if I'm not mistaken.
I messed up my youtube-account-registration once, and I deleted it(not my gmail account though, to which it was already linked) and could not use the same name again. :roll:
Call Apogee, Say "Aardwolf"!

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Thu 22 Apr 2010 2:23 pm

I must still be doing something wrong, since I can reset my password but cannot login.

www.tragos2d.com

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Thu 22 Apr 2010 2:55 pm

Another special moment for Tragos... :)

It would appear that my regular email is tied to my new youtube account.... I don't remember doing this..... Least I can access it now.
www.tragos2d.com

Return to “Other Gunk”