Door question....

Talk about stuff not related to EDGE.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tragos

Door question....

Postby Tragos » Tue 15 Dec 2009 4:47 am

Okay, other than the fact that I'm an idiot..... :)

I'm having a slight issue with creating a door. I know that you tag the lines that will be the doors like so:

Here for my map Zdoom in hexen format, it's only giving me the following:

When I test out my door, I hear it raise and close but nothing actually happens.... What the hell am I missing here? I've made doors plenty of times before, but I think making the jump to Doom Builder 2 has made me forget a few things... I believe the problem lies in how my map is formatted. ( Zdoom, Doom in hexen format ) But this is the map type Ive always used! Can anyone also explain why textures take longer to load in DB2?
www.tragos2d.com
My personal website, blog and home of my ventures in the study of game design.

andrewj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby andrewj » Tue 15 Dec 2009 8:14 am

Did you give the door sector a tag number?

And put that number in the arguments for the linedefs action?

Karnizero

Postby Karnizero » Tue 15 Dec 2009 10:12 am

Tragos

Postby Tragos » Tue 15 Dec 2009 8:59 pm

I had to set the action as : 12 which is DOOR RAISE.

Then set it as repeatable action, Movement speed = 20, and delay 200. Trigger is "Player presses use"

I'm not sure if this is the best method when working in this map format, but it at least works. Thanks for the tips, this time trial and error worked for me.
www.tragos2d.com

My personal website, blog and home of my ventures in the study of game design.

Return to “Other Gunk”