A few feature ideas i've had

Remember it never hurts to ask, but you might not get it.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

Dartmerc

A few feature ideas i've had

Postby Dartmerc » Wed 22 Aug 2007 2:52 am

Firstly, sorry if i bring something up that has already been discussed or implemented.

Could we possibly get an autosave linetype?
That is, a line that when crossed triggers an autosave.

Would thick sliding doors be possible?

Would sliding extrafloors be possible? Basically, exactly the same as a sliding door, except its the floor that opens. I assume that it'd have the same limitations as sliding doors, being that the entire line is either solid or not, there is no inbetween.

Now, I'm pretty sure i've seen this somewhere before but can't seem to find it now.
A linetype option to trigger an RTS with a given tag.

Thanks for your time,

andrewj

Postby andrewj » Wed 22 Aug 2007 5:20 am

Dartmerc

Postby Dartmerc » Wed 22 Aug 2007 5:34 am

andrewj

Postby andrewj » Wed 22 Aug 2007 9:38 am

Dartmerc

Postby Dartmerc » Thu 23 Aug 2007 1:24 am

Well it doesnt have to just be a mini-game to have dramatically different rules to normal Doom, We're already seeing full EDGE projects that have very different rules to Doom.
I think it'd be a valuable addition (if used in the correct way). Jumping to mind is this example (and i'm really not sure how Lonely Meddows works), but for instance if each house is like a level and the town is sort of like a hub, then it'd be a good idea to allow saving in the town, but once a house is entered, a fairly non-invasive message can fade onto the screen for a few seconds reminding the player they cannot save from within a house, then disable it. I think that would create some pretty crazy tension and give the feeling of almost being trapped, you have to negotiate the house and complete your objective while your in there, because if you leave to save, the enemies will respawn and you'll have to do it all over again anyway.

But your mention of mini-game is also a great example, in my project (and I don't want to give anything away at this early stage, im at the stage that features may be scrapped and new ones implemented), there is going to be arcade style mini-games, played to earn currency. Some of these are classic shooting games, others are completely different, i've got one basketball sort of game in the works already. Not being able to save during these mini-games would be very helpful to stop cheating to get more currency.

God that was a long post :roll:

Return to “Feature Suggestions”