Weather...

Remember it never hurts to ask, but you might not get it.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

Corbin

Weather...

Postby Corbin » Tue 10 Jul 2007 11:44 am

I was thinking if it was possible to render weather effects better...

Ok, naturally you'd have it defined in Things.ddf (like rain or snow) and then just put every sprite ID into a level editor, which can be pretty time consuming and messy...so I was thinking....

Would there be some sort of way to define it through, hmm, say ddfline or something...I dunno, I was thinking it would be easier if it was defined in a DDF file in a set of coordinates (from one end to the other) and just generated that way instead of actually putting all of it into the level editor?

Or would I have to make a things entry and have it "spawn" random other things (like rain) in ddfatk (but attacking randomly through the "ceiling"?

I would try this myself but I was just wondering if there was an easier workaround to popping every single sprite into a level editor....or would you naturally use RTS for this kind of thing?

andrewj

Postby andrewj » Tue 10 Jul 2007 1:13 pm

I guess there should be a feature where EDGE will spawn rain/snow/etc things in tagged sectors, and you can specify the density (how many things in a 1024x1024 area) and delay between spawns.

I'll move this thread to the Feature Request forum....

deathbringer

Postby deathbringer » Tue 10 Jul 2007 3:08 pm

I was personally planning on having "walk through" lines with scrolling-downwards textures with blue or white dots on. But that'd only work up to the height of the texture and would look a bit obvious

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Tue 10 Jul 2007 9:14 pm

, Lonely Meadows TC,
, DoomP.A.L.

Nick_Perrin

Postby Nick_Perrin » Wed 08 Aug 2007 3:25 am

Return to “Feature Suggestions”