Jumping and jetpacking enemies

Remember it never hurts to ask, but you might not get it.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

CeeJay

Jumping and jetpacking enemies

Postby CeeJay » Sat 30 Jan 2010 6:57 pm

Is there already a way to make enemies occasionaly jump around and switch between walking and flying (jetpack for enemies). If these features are not present, here's one way of doing them (programming the AI would probaly be a bitch though):

Jumping enemies: JUMPER special for enemies accompanied by JUMP states and how high it can jump. This causes the enemy to jump when it needs to get at the player (if the player is on higher ground for example) or dodge the players attacks.

Jetpack enemies: JETPACK special for enemies accompanied by FLY states aswell as any other specials. Enemy should switch to walking when it lands on the ground. Should behave like the players' jetpack.

Reason why is because i am working on a Duke Nukem mod for EDGE. As i can see now, most of the stuff can actually be pulled off (with a lot of clever hacking) but these things puzzle me.

Corbin

Postby Corbin » Sat 30 Jan 2010 10:26 pm

You would have to make different animation states and have it jump to them, or have the creature become something else. As cool as it would be to have those states available, you can only do them through using JUMP commands.

Decent programming could make it work really well ;)

Return to “Feature Suggestions”