WOLFENDOOM - SPEAR OF DESTINY MISSION PACKS

Making something for EDGE? Show it here.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

Caleb280

WOLFENDOOM - SPEAR OF DESTINY MISSION PACKS

Postby Caleb280 » Mon 05 Nov 2012 11:26 pm

Hi.
I'm working on two new WOLFENDOOM MODS for EDGE SOURCE PORT. Based on what CeeJay already created. (I'm just using his modified wolfendoom engine) Thanks again CeeJay for creating the special version of wolfendoom.
I want to recreate two Spear of Destiny Mission Packs - Return to Danger + The Ultimate Challenge.
I've already ripped all textures from both mission packs and some sprites. I'm using wolfmap to doom map converter and it rocks. Plus mission packs will use original SOD soundtrack based on a very cool remixed mp3 version which I've found on the youtube.
I've finished map01 for Return to Danger and The Ultimate Challenge. Right now I'm working on map02 - Return to Danger.
Note: I'm still having trouble inserting new actor sprites (bad pallette). Is there someone who'll help me with the project?
Alpha Screenshots - RETURN TO DANGER

zZaRDoZz

Postby zZaRDoZz » Wed 07 Nov 2012 5:27 am

For Wolfenstein elegance lies in simplicity. Personally I've never really understood the draw this game has for modders TBH. It has been rehashed so many times; wolfenduke, wolfenDoom (4 different iterations) voxelstein, the list goes on. I know it's iconic game and like many things wolfestein comes down to taste.

While I wish you luck with your project, I'd personally love to see someone take Doomed Again on. That EDGE mod by Agar used a wolfmap-to-doom like editor to create levels for some remarkable code and hi-res sprites. The license doesn't allow modding of the files but it does allow sprite re-usage as long as credit is given.

Return to “Projects for EDGE”