Project: Mod Wiki?

Making something for EDGE? Show it here.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Corbin

Project: Mod Wiki?

Postby Corbin » Mon 04 Feb 2008 7:27 am

I was going to ask everyone what they thought about this idea...

I have a good wiki hosted on my server and has a bunch of stuff. Well I was tinkering with making an EDGE part to it, maybe something for EDGE mods, functions, etc. Almost like making an entire new installation but just truncating it...

For instance, all of TDGMods' stuff is on there, and it would be cool for those of you who want to write out, show, etc. a lot about your mod on there...I'm in the process of upgrading the installation so it might be slow for now...but pretty much what you wanted to do with it, you can.

Some sort of centralized EDGE Modification Wiki or something, that'd be neat. Something I thought up at work lately...wouldn't be hard and trust me, the server Wiki gets a ton of hits a day.

Just to link you guys to it.... Let me know what you guys think, if you guys would want to at least try this system out...It'd be better than WIP and you could create as many pages as you like, upload whatever you want on there without limitation.

I'm toying with the idea of increasing overall server space so people could have their mod hosted on some sort of EDGE fan site...was thinking about purchasing a Domain (something like http://edgefanatics.com or equivalent) and linking it to my server for you guys...That's just an idea, but the Wiki thing is something I really want us to experiment with.

Just let me know what you guys think of the idea. If anything, we could try it out.

Joppu

Postby Joppu » Mon 04 Feb 2008 11:55 am

Corbin

Postby Corbin » Mon 04 Feb 2008 11:58 am

I don't really want, per se, an EDGE wiki for "everything EDGE', but just more of a Mod Database, that kind of thing, where people would be free to add/post whatever they would like in a Mod category or whatever. You can clearly tell that the Fusion stuff on there has nothing to do with the 3dfx stuff though...other than being on the server.

That idea I had about that domain is already golden, I'm getting it sometime next week and hosting it on my server, but since it's going to be same server stuff I'll likely truncate the Wiki anyways, so we might as well see if it fits anyone else here first..

Edit: I really like Joppu's idea but if I wanted to do all of that.. that's an extra 70 dollars shelled out for a VPS tacked onto what I already have...and I currently have management for my existing server. The new one would require all -->me<--...Overwhelming, but since I have the server space available right now we might as well start somewhere.

A direct example within the wiki:

Joppu

Postby Joppu » Mon 25 Feb 2008 12:36 pm

I would start writing some tutorials, if someone else would be on it too.

PS. how can I start.?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Projects for EDGE”