3DGE Source Fork - MD3 Models and other stuff

Discuss anything EDGE-related that doesn't fall into the categories.

Moderators: andrewj, Corbin, Lobo

Corbin

3DGE Source Fork - MD3 Models and other stuff

Postby Corbin » Sat 12 Nov 2011 11:19 pm

For the next iteration of 3DGE, I have been experimenting with enhancing MD3 support. A few things I'm going to be considering are TAGS support, which will allow you to snap pieces of models onto others, supporting more than one mesh, and being able to use a Player model from Q3.

I have hypothesized a way of rewriting the MD3 code entirely, but in doing so I will probably remove support for MD2 models. In making this decision, would it impact anyone who still mods for EDGE?

One thing that still bugs me is how collision detection is handled for models, which is one thing that I won't be able to fix anytime soon as I know next to nothing on how to deal with it.

Thoughts?

zZaRDoZz

Postby zZaRDoZz » Mon 12 Dec 2011 2:55 pm

If you're becoming increasingly interested in KMQuake2 code, isn't it time to make an announcement Corbin?

zZaRDoZz

Postby zZaRDoZz » Sun 25 Dec 2011 9:15 pm

Look, I know you don't want to burn any bridges but isn't it time to make an official announcement if you can't dedicate serious amounts of time to EDGE?

Just saying,

-Z

Corbin

Postby Corbin » Thu 29 Dec 2011 10:06 pm

Not at all..just because I don't talk about it with you guys doesn't mean I ignore it! With EDGE, the less time I spend staring at code, the better - usually the breaks I have are good, and upon returning become somewhat more capable working on the program than I would have staring at the code for a week straight. :)

Return to “General Discussion”